Having the reputation of excellence in Microsoft Dynamics AX implementations, and founded by original developers of axapta, Arbela Technologies possesses tremendous knowledge and expertise around the solution as well as best practices associated with it. Our blog is designed to share that knowledge with the Microsoft Dynamics AX community, thus enabling them to take full advantage of their investment in this technology.
Dynamics AX2012 has a great feature allowing you to published pre-made questionnaires on the vendor portal. This is a great asset in ascertaining vendor feedback and suitability. They also can be used to obtain information about prospective vendors and products.
Before you can use a questionnaire, you must set up tests, questions, answers, and questionnaire measurements. Those setups are straight forward and well documented, however you might have difficulty in publishing those questionnaire records on the vendor portal.
To do that you must do the following:
1) Add a relation to my AX users that will have access to the tests
2) Add Vendor’s Procurement categories.
3) Add Questionnaires to the procurement categories.
1) Under System administration>Common>users>users>Relations>External relations
2) Under Procurement and sourcing>Area page>Setup>Categories>Procurement categories add vendors.
3) Under Procurement and sourcing/Area page/Setup/Categories/Procurement categories add the questionnaire and be sure to set the activity to ‘vendor management’ type.
View and execute the available questionnaires in the vendor portal.
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Follow Microsoft Dynamics