Discussing new and innovative ways to integrate WPF and .Net into Dynamics AX<o:p></o:p>
· More information on Telerik Wpf controls (and a trial) is available here: [http://www.telerik.com/products/wpf/controls.aspx]
· Creating a Wpf UserControl means that I can re-use the “Client Inception” module in the Dynamics rich-client as well as Sharepoint EP and any other windows based application I choose.
· Note; a zero-value on the slider does not necessary mean an “exact-string-match”. It means that the search term must resolve to the same Soundex code.
· The routine makes reference to a SoundexClass which is an assembly that needs to be included in this project. More details can be found here: [https://community.dynamics.com/ax/b/dynamicsax_wpfandnetinnovations/archive/2013/04/14/the-soundex-algorithm-en.aspx#.UYJ5k7XFX3Q]
· The code assumes “English” context. Ideally, the default language should be picked up from Dynamics context or an override drop-down (I’ve omitted this enhancement to simplify the code).
· Passthru X++ (with field substitution) is used to perform the querying (once the Soundex boundaries have been calculated). Ideally, this code needs to exist within an AOT class and be served via proxies or AIF. Again, this has been circumvented to “present” the solution in one listing.
· Dyamics query data is returned as an Xml string which is then converted to a .Net DataSet object. This way, it can be bound directly to the UI grid.
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Follow Microsoft Dynamics