Sending Fax from AX is common requirement.This can be achieved in following wayUse the Com class wrapper wizard and load the Microsoft Fax Service MFSFaxDocument MFSFaxDocument ; ; MFSFaxDocument = new MFSFaxDocument(); MFSFaxDocument .Body('C:\\Matrish.txt'); MFSFaxDocument .Recipients().Add('Faxno','Receiver Name'); MFSFaxDocument .Subject('Test Fax'); MFSFaxDocument .Sender().Name('Sender Name'); MFSFaxDocument .Submit('ServerName');
I don't find the Microsoft Fax Service on my XP.
How can I install it ?
Windows Fax Services
Windows XP has a feature called Windows Fax Services that will allow you to send faxes without a fax machine. All you need to utilize the Fax Services is a scanner to digitize the fax and a modem to send it over your telephone line. Using Windows Fax Services has many benefits, including reducing your use of paper and saving space on your desk. You can even set up Windows Fax Services to receive faxes on your computer. Although Windows Fax Services comes with Windows XP, you have to go through a few extra steps to install and configure the program.
Installing and Configuring Windows Fax Services
To get started installing Windows Fax Services, follow these steps:
• Click "Start" - "Control Panel." Select "Add or Remove Programs."
• Select "Add/Remove Windows Components." - "Fax Services" - "Next." After Windows XP sets up the fax software, you'll need to configure it for your use.
• Click "Start," - "All Programs." - "Accessories," - "Communications," - "Fax."
• Select "Fax Console" from the list. Click "Tools," - "Configure Fax."
• Enter your name and fax number in the screen marked "Sender Information." Then select your modem in the screen marked "Select Device for Sending or Receiving Faxes."
• If you plan to send faxes with this modem, select "Enable Send." If you'd like to receive faxes with this modem as well, select "Enable Receive."
• Select "Manual answer" if you plan to answer each fax individually, or "Automatically answer after" and then choose the number of rings you would like Windows to wait before it answers the fax for you. Click "Next,"
• Enter your fax information in the screen marked "Transmitting Subscriber." After you finish the Fax Configuration Wizard, select "Tools" from the menu. Give your virtual fax machine a simple name such as "Windows Fax."
DocuFire for Windows interfaces to Microsoft Fax Service, no programming required. Also has it's own internet fax service integrated in the platform for truly hassle-free faxing.
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13