AX 2012 Crashes on Start up for only one user.

Question Status

Verified
darktrancer asked a question on 1 Feb 2013 6:23 PM

Here is what i have found in the event log.

Application: Ax32.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException

Stack:

at <Module>.NavigationPaneHost.LoadMenuW(NavigationPaneHost*)

at <Module>._wWinMainCRTStartup()

Faulting application name: Ax32.exe, version: 6.0.1108.670, time stamp: 0x4fe8e851

Faulting module name: MSVCR90.dll, version: 9.0.30729.6161, time stamp: 0x4dace5b9

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0003ae7a

Faulting process id: 0xfb44

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce00eb2321ce79

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Client\Bin\Ax32.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2ebcb7eb57\MSVCR90.dll

Report Id: 67cc990c-6cde-11e2-91f0-d4ae5290231b

https://community.dynamics.com/product/ax/f/33/p/81629/155260.aspx

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Brandon Ahmad responded on 1 Feb 2013 7:35 PM

You need to check the configuration file on the client.  This is caused by a number of things, but it usually concerns these settings.  I'd see if ithe client was pointed at the right server first.  

Go to  Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Configuration, and start comparing settings to users with working accounts. You'll probably find something.

Verified Answer
Tim Schofield responded on 2 Feb 2013 1:51 AM

Try clearing usage data and deleting user cache

darktrancer responded on 4 Feb 2013 12:44 PM

Tim,

Thank you for that suggestion. Clearing out the .auc file from the users profile fixed the problem.

dwfeath responded on 16 Oct 2013 4:15 PM

How do you do this?   "Try clearing usage data and deleting user cache"  (AX32 is on a citrix server)  other users are not having this issue....Thanks in advance....

Tim Schofield responded on 16 Oct 2013 6:20 PM

Usage data is held within AX.

Login as the user. Go to File > Tools > Options > Usage data and click the Reset button to delete all usage data. Then log off and log back in.

Clearing the cache is a bit tricker, becuase where it is depends a bit on the operating system. You're looking for files with a .auc extension and they're probably in something like C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local

jeffraid responded on 18 Feb 2014 6:22 PM

Is there any option to clear this cache automatically? I have more than 10 users that same symptom, and I always clear it each of them every month. Thanks.

Tim Schofield responded on 18 Feb 2014 6:46 PM

What version of AX?

We have just gone live on AX 2012 R2 CU6. There were a lot of client crashes caused by End user form personalisation. We cleared the 'Form pre-loading enabled' option at System administration > Setup > System > Client performance options and that solved the issue, but I have heard that  the underlying issue is fixed in CU7.

jeffraid responded on 19 Feb 2014 11:33 PM

Tim,  we  are running AX2012 R2 with no cumulative update (version 6.2.158.0), and yes we  have a lot of user  forms customized.

This error shows only in branch office with Citrix XenApp, users in HQ never get this error.

I am gonna try as you said Tim, let's see next month.

Thanks.

Jahan Zaib responded on 13 Mar 2014 1:21 AM

This solved my problem I cleared usage data and the error is gone. Thanks TIM

Ariston Javier responded on 18 Mar 2014 12:16 AM

Thanks for the information.

It also works to me.

Dillon Bailey responded on 24 Sep 2014 7:43 PM

We were able to find the files in C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Dynamics Ax\ <look through all files>

This was also an issue for us after upgrading to AX 2012 R3

DB

Esther Mulijono responded on 22 Sep 2016 11:04 AM

Hi,

Is there any other solutions?

We already tried to clear the *.auc several times but still got the same error.

The error is a little bit different:

Application: Ax32.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.DivideByZeroException

Stack:

at <Module>.NavigationPaneHost.LoadMenuW(NavigationPaneHost*)

at <Module>._wWinMainCRTStartup()

The error is not "System.AccessViolationException" but "System.DivideByZeroException".

Tried accessing from two different computer, both got the same error.

Our kernel and client version is the same 6.3.2000.326

Thank you.

Suggested Answer
Vilmos Kintera responded on 22 Sep 2016 11:16 AM

Have you tried resetting usage data for that user (not the AUC file, but the data stored in SysLastValue for the account)? It is possible that there are some old values packed in the SysLastValue table for the user, and somewhere it does a divide with the unpacked blank/zero value which causes the crash.

Alternatively you could collect a crash dump (.DMP file), and upload it on the LifeCycle Services sites' Crash dump analysis tool to get some ideas that from where does your error come from.

Verified Answer
Tim Schofield responded on 2 Feb 2013 1:51 AM

Try clearing usage data and deleting user cache

Suggested Answer
Vilmos Kintera responded on 22 Sep 2016 11:16 AM

Have you tried resetting usage data for that user (not the AUC file, but the data stored in SysLastValue for the account)? It is possible that there are some old values packed in the SysLastValue table for the user, and somewhere it does a divide with the unpacked blank/zero value which causes the crash.

Alternatively you could collect a crash dump (.DMP file), and upload it on the LifeCycle Services sites' Crash dump analysis tool to get some ideas that from where does your error come from.