Invoice Reports

This question is answered

Hi, 

Im developing a report for a company so i did a report in visual studio and i used a precision design for the report, it is working great but customer want to print or bring into the report a range of invoices as long as im using a precision design cause i need to use some features, if customer select several invoices report just show up the first one, does anyone know how to print several invoices at the same report just selecting a range of Invoice numbers?

Verified Answer
  • Hi Santiago,

Open the report in Visual Studio and look for the list control. Put your original design *into* a list control and then assign proper grouping (InvoiceID in this case?) to it.

You might want to use a new design to get a feel of the List control first.

My blog | PBC

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Is it AX2012 we are discussing here? There should be a "List" control on the Toolbox.

On the other hand, a List control is the same as a table with only one cell (no header / footer). You can try using a table control instead.

My blog | PBC

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

All Replies
  • Hi Santiago,

Open the report in Visual Studio and look for the list control. Put your original design *into* a list control and then assign proper grouping (InvoiceID in this case?) to it.

You might want to use a new design to get a feel of the List control first.

My blog | PBC

• Hi Dolee

Thanks for your answer, actually i did open visual studio but couldn't find the list control, not even in visual studio Help tool,  if you dont matter con you help me finding it, which menu does it belong to, or in which item properties?

• Is it AX2012 we are discussing here? There should be a "List" control on the Toolbox.

On the other hand, a List control is the same as a table with only one cell (no header / footer). You can try using a table control instead.

My blog | PBC