Question Status

Verified
Toshi K. asked a question on 25 Feb 2013 12:57 PM

Hello Experts,

Is it possible to set customer status "inactivate" in order to prevent users to create sales orders? Just like users can "suspend" an account, I would like to do the same thing in customer form.

Thank you!

Verified Answer
Kyle Wascher responded on 25 Feb 2013 5:12 PM

If your intention is to prevent sales order from being created, check out the "invoicing and delivery on hold" field on the customer under the "Credit and collections" fast tab.

Verified Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 27 Feb 2013 1:38 AM

That would indeed be a customization.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
Sachin Ahuja responded on 27 Feb 2013 2:28 AM

Hello,

You can use Filter option to Create a query available at Customer Master just above the Name Column.

Once the Query is created and saved then use Save Cues in the same drop down to create a view to display for other users based on Profile or everyone.

Thanks,

Sachin Ahuja

---------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Sachin

Verified Answer
Kyle Wascher responded on 25 Feb 2013 5:12 PM

If your intention is to prevent sales order from being created, check out the "invoicing and delivery on hold" field on the customer under the "Credit and collections" fast tab.

Toshi K. responded on 26 Feb 2013 9:04 AM

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for your replay.

As a company runs AX for long time, the customer list will be too huge to find out which customers are still active or not (because of going out-of-business, etc.). So, I was looking for a parameter that exclude inactive customers from the customers list or reports. Is that going to be a customization?

Verified Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 27 Feb 2013 1:38 AM

That would indeed be a customization.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
Sachin Ahuja responded on 27 Feb 2013 2:28 AM

Hello,

You can use Filter option to Create a query available at Customer Master just above the Name Column.

Once the Query is created and saved then use Save Cues in the same drop down to create a view to display for other users based on Profile or everyone.

Thanks,

Sachin Ahuja

---------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Sachin

Toshi K. responded on 27 Feb 2013 9:38 AM

Thank you all for answering to question!

I will set the inactive customers using the "invoicing and delivery on hold" field, and I create a saved filter.

Steven Weaver responded on 27 Feb 2013 10:32 AM

Ah sorry I interpreted that slightly incorrectly, the filter approach works, I was thinking about it from the point of selection on a sales order creation prompt.