Set Customers "Inactivate" [AX2012]

This question is answered

Hello Experts,

Is it possible to set customer status "inactivate" in order to prevent users to create sales orders? Just like users can "suspend" an account, I would like to do the same thing in customer form.

Thank you!

Verified Answer
  • If your intention is to prevent sales order from being created, check out the "invoicing and delivery on hold" field on the customer under the "Credit and collections" fast tab.

• That would indeed be a customization.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Hello,

You can use Filter option to Create a query available at Customer Master just above the Name Column.

Once the Query is created and saved then use Save Cues in the same drop down to create a view to display for other users based on Profile or everyone.

Thanks,

Sachin Ahuja

---------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Sachin

All Replies
  • If your intention is to prevent sales order from being created, check out the "invoicing and delivery on hold" field on the customer under the "Credit and collections" fast tab.

• Hi Kyle,

Thank you for your replay.

As a company runs AX for long time, the customer list will be too huge to find out which customers are still active or not (because of going out-of-business, etc.). So, I was looking for a parameter that exclude inactive customers from the customers list or reports. Is that going to be a customization?

• That would indeed be a customization.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Hello,

You can use Filter option to Create a query available at Customer Master just above the Name Column.

Once the Query is created and saved then use Save Cues in the same drop down to create a view to display for other users based on Profile or everyone.

Thanks,

Sachin Ahuja

---------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Sachin

• Thank you all for answering to question!

I will set the inactive customers using the "invoicing and delivery on hold" field, and I create a saved filter.

• Ah sorry I interpreted that slightly incorrectly, the filter approach works, I was thinking about it from the point of selection on a sales order creation prompt.