Upgrade ax 2009 sp1 RU6 to RU8

This question is not answered

AX 2009 SP1 RU6 - Anyone got any tips on what steps to follow when applying RU8 for a HIGHLY customized system?   Since we have such a highly customized system, should we apply hotfixes individually or is their a compare and merge process that I use?  Just for kicks, I ran the installer for RU8 on a test environment and it completed.  But there is NO POSSIBLE WAY that it completed this easily.  Does the install just overwrite the current files?  How can i ensure we merge instead of overwrite?  Any help is appreciated.

All Replies
  • Look at Tools > Development tools > Code upgrade > Detect code upgrade conflcts.

Which layer are your customizations in? You'll need to at minimum merge up from the lower layers into your customization layer and potentially refactor some code.

I don't think applying the hotfixes individually is practical. Let us know your results. I need to do this also.

Senior Dynamics AX Developer

• i'm running the detection now.  Most customizations are in the BUS, VAR, and CUS layers.Primary CUS.  I'm still looking to see if someone has possibly written a decent checklist to follow. Maybe I can start with that.  Just needing to ensure that I do not overlook anything