Delete inventory related transactions

This question has suggested answer(s)

Dear Experts,

I have one problem in inventory, one of my client is having the following case:

the client want to delete some unwanted transactions which are already posted related inventory, please suggest me the impact if deleted the transactions from Inventtrans Table, also please suggest what is best to way to delete the transactions / what are the tables will it get effected if i delete transactions in InventTrans Table, so that i can delete in all the related tables. The data is in excel sheet.

please help me in this case

Thanks in advance

Regards

Gowri Shanker

All Replies
  • Hi Gowri,

No, one shouldn't directly manipulate records in inventTrans table. You and your client have to tackle the problem created by these unwanted inventTrans in other ways.

Dom

My blog | PBC

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Hi Dolee,

Thanks for your inputs, Can you please suggest what i can do on this issue?

Regards

Gowri Shanker

• So ... what's wrong with those inventTrans?

My blog | PBC

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Hi Dolee,

Can you please let me know what are tables other related to inventory that will get effected when we post sales order / purchase order / transfer order and any other inventory related journals.

please do the needful.

Regards

Gowri Shanker

• Hi Gowri, as Dolee said, you shall never make changes directly to tables. Any correction must be done within the tools that modules provides. In this case, if there trx you want to "fix", you must see first where those trx are originated from and "reverse" them. For example, if those transactions where originated from a sales order then you must "fix" THAT transaction. As a general rule allways go to the origin TR'x and fix it, this module itself will care on handling and fixing the wrong TR'x in all the affected modules when is the case.

• Hi Gowri,

I am not sure I get your question correctly, but you can assume all inventory related actions you done in AX will have an effect on InventTrans. On top of my head I can add Production modules and Inventory journals (P&L, Transfer, Movement) to the list, and there could be more.

To solve these kind of problems, you'll want to check first what actions generated these inventTrans that you want to get rid of. To give an example, if the wrong inventTrans is there because a user over-received when posting a PO packing slip, then you would want to cancel that packing slip and post again with the correct qty.

The issue you are facing is certainly more complicated, if you can share more details about it then someone might be able to help. There are lots of good people out here willing to help one another. =]

My blog | PBC