ERROR : EP AX 2012 - data or calculated fields with type 'record' are not supported

This question is answered

Dear All,

My EP site was workingfine but suddenly I have encountered with the error "data or calculated fields with type 'record' are not supported" on some of the forms on the EP site. This error is not only coming on the EP site but also while import/export via Excel Addins.

Please help me out if any one knows to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards.

Verified Answer
  • Dear All,

I was getting an error as "Data or calculated fields of type 'Record' is not supported" while starting the EP site also when doing excel import via excel addins.

This type of error comes when you return a record of a table,as in display type on some table.

In my case it was HCMWorker which was a standard table and we had written a display method which was returning record of HcmEmploymentDetail table which does not supported by AX during run time.

display HcmEmploymentDetail retHcmEmploymentDetail()

{

;

return HcmEmploymentDetail::findByEmployment(HcmEmployment::findWithWorker(this.recId).RecId);

}

the above query is not supported by AX during run time.

What I found out that, if you want to return any record of a table it should be static method as in.....

public static HcmEmploymentDetail retHcmEmploymentDetail(HcmWorkerRecId      _recId)

{

;

return HcmEmploymentDetail::findByEmployment(HcmEmployment::findWithWorker(_recId).RecId);

}

All Replies
  • Any one with anything...?????

• Any Update Arpit ?? We also facing the same Issue

• So wat is d solution for this.....I am struggling wid same for last 5 days...Pls help Us i.e Me n Arpit !!

• Arpit, are you able to produce this error on the sample Dynamics AX 2012r2 sample image Enterprise Portal.. If so, I'd love to to know so I can try to debug it.  

But if not, here is what you need to do in order to solve it:  

This is a case for WinDbg.  When you really need to debug what is happening on Dynamics AX, nothing (that is free) is more effective.  It's what Microsoft uses for their support team to do the heavy duty debugging.  Thankfully,

their support team made a blog post showing how to use this feature for Dynamics AX.  

blogs.msdn.com/.../setting-up-windbg-and-using-symbols.aspx

Can you post the dump file and the symbols from this?  

I'd do it myself but I'm not on your installation.  However,the tutorial is very straight foward and written well by Microsoft support.  That will tell us the cause of this.  

Independent, Freelance Consultant and Dynamics Development Instructor

http://www.instructorbrandon.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/BrandonAhmad

• Dear All,

I was getting an error as "Data or calculated fields of type 'Record' is not supported" while starting the EP site also when doing excel import via excel addins.

This type of error comes when you return a record of a table,as in display type on some table.

In my case it was HCMWorker which was a standard table and we had written a display method which was returning record of HcmEmploymentDetail table which does not supported by AX during run time.

display HcmEmploymentDetail retHcmEmploymentDetail()

{

;

return HcmEmploymentDetail::findByEmployment(HcmEmployment::findWithWorker(this.recId).RecId);

}

the above query is not supported by AX during run time.

What I found out that, if you want to return any record of a table it should be static method as in.....

public static HcmEmploymentDetail retHcmEmploymentDetail(HcmWorkerRecId      _recId)

{

;

return HcmEmploymentDetail::findByEmployment(HcmEmployment::findWithWorker(_recId).RecId);

}

• Make sure the table and all related tables does not have any display method returning a record.