Hide a button

This question is answered

Hello everyone,

What can I do to hide a button for everyone except the people who are allowed to see it (Ex: Administrator, and some other people).

Thank you

Verified Answer
  • Base your button on a menu item (create a new if needed). If the function is available only from the form, not from main menu, the security key is usually suffixed by Misc. Assign a security key to the menu item.

Then configure access to the button in Administration > Setup > Security > User group permissions.

See more in Understanding Security in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.

Martin "Goshoom" Dráb | Freelancer | Goshoom.NET Dev Blog

• right click on form click on setup-> in information tab->Form Name-> Edit.

Here you find that form, Now Go to design Node and find your button on which u want to apply rights. in property sheet of this button u will find the Configuration and security key.

- Thanks & Regards

Harry

All Replies
  • You can try Security key and Configuration key.

GO to Property of that button you want to hide, and in Security Key add "Admin".

- Thanks & Regards

Harry

• Sorry but where do I find the property of that button? I right clicked on the button and I didn't see the property. I went on the AOT, but I don't know where on the AOT I can find the button property

• Security is the right way to implement your requirement (configuration keys are not relevant here), but the actual way depends on version of AX. Are you on AX 2012 or some older version?

• I am using AX 2009

• Base your button on a menu item (create a new if needed). If the function is available only from the form, not from main menu, the security key is usually suffixed by Misc. Assign a security key to the menu item.

Then configure access to the button in Administration > Setup > Security > User group permissions.

See more in Understanding Security in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.

• right click on form click on setup-> in information tab->Form Name-> Edit.

Here you find that form, Now Go to design Node and find your button on which u want to apply rights. in property sheet of this button u will find the Configuration and security key.

- Thanks & Regards

Harry