Question Status

Suggested Answer
Tomek Serwanski asked a question on 5 Apr 2013 3:09 AM

Hello,

After lot of time spent on it, and big help from people around, I am in troubles again - now seems that:

- all components are installed and working

- msmq queues are available, and shown as alive when checking them with mqping

- unfortunately, when trying to setup synchronization, new problem has come (as below):

Error is:

===============

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
An error occurred while sending to the queue: No internal Message Queuing certificate exists for the user. (-1072824273, 0xc00e002f).Ensure that MSMQ is installed and running. If you are sending to a local queue, ensure the queue exists with the required access mode and authorization.
An error occurred while sending to the queue: No internal Message Queuing certificate exists for the user. (-1072824273, 0xc00e002f).Ensure that MSMQ is installed and running. If you are sending to a local queue, ensure the queue exists with the required access mode and authorization.

===============

Maybe somebody has seen same problem, and hopefully had it solved? Any advice appreciated.

regards

Tomasz

Tomek Serwanski responded on 10 Apr 2013 12:36 AM

Hello Francisco,

If only I won't suicide today, will get in touch with you :) what is interesting - I see you've mentioned:

"The user account used to run the setup was added as local administrator for all servers and for all services too. the same was made with the bcproxy account."

This may be the clue, I am using domain admin account for these purposes; not sure if it has any meaning, but worth to try.. Will try today to change domain admin used for setup into other account, hope it will help.

And by the wway, do you have something like 'http support for msmq' feature installed?

regards

Tomasz

Tomek Serwanski responded on 10 Apr 2013 12:58 AM

..and also, under which user is AOS running in your case?

Tomek Serwanski responded on 14 Apr 2013 7:14 AM

..will write thesis on AX<->PS synchronization soon.. :) at the moment status is:

- components are installed ok, seem to be fine

- msmq queue also works fine - I may see messages sent/delivered between both, AX and PS servers

- enabling synchronization does not return any error window anymore (as it was before, written above), but it stucks on 'in progress' status

- there are some actions done on AX sync* tables after pressing 'enable integration', but in event log on PS server (only PS, on AX - not) I see 2 messages (one warning, one error) as below on each try of runnning 'enable synchronization:

- text related is per each:

=========

The description for Event ID 110 from source Dynamics .NET Business Connector 6.0 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

6.0:
 : An X++ exception has occurred.
Cannot create a record in Integrated project contracts (SyncProjInvoiceTableLookup). Project contract: TEST-00000, test79.
The record already exists.

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

=========

---ERROR MESSAGE---
An error occurred while processing message with action UpdateCorrelationCustomerLookup in Dynamics AX.

---MORE DETAILS---
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Cannot create a record in Integrated project contracts (SyncProjInvoiceTableLookup). Project contract: TEST-00000, test79.

---STACK TRACE---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Microsoft.Dynamics.SyncServices.Adapter.AxEntityAdapter.ProcessMessage(IMessageTrans MessageTrans)

=========

- from the messages as above seems problem is related to existing entry in AX table 'SyncProjInvoiceTableLookup', but.. it  is empty; have checked database permissions for administrator, user used for proxy service and synchronization - and seems not any problem here, all of them are able to write to database/table; also ensured that all these users may login as service - so it is not the problem as well; project numbering is also set to manual as documentation says so I am lost, not any clue where to look for. If it may be lead, in project list in AX there was no any project with this number (TEST-00000), one project did not have any number, all other had numberst starting from TEST-00001 - so being desperated I've removed the one with no label, but no any change

any ideas? would appreciate; maybe there is any cache somewhere I am not aware?

regards

Tomasz

Suresh Kotapalle responded on 16 Apr 2013 4:14 PM

Tomasz, the error is on the project contract side not on the project side.. do you have any project contract with "Test-00001'?

Tomek Serwanski responded on 17 Apr 2013 12:43 AM

Hello Suresh,

Yes, I do - I do have both, project contract with ID TEST-000001 and project with ID TEST-000001; on the other hand why you think it may be problem with 000001? Seems error is pointing to non-existing TEST-000000 (no '1' at the end)

regards

Tomasz

Tomek Serwanski responded on 2 May 2013 12:54 AM

Hello,

So finally, after lot of #^&#$&@#%$^ and time spent, I've found out that MS manual (so called 'project server integration' pdf) is not much helpful :) , as describes only one scenario (both, PS and AX on same server, not a word regarding other scenarios - so finally will probably write some step-by-step :) ), but seems that synchornization is working - there is only one small 'but'.

Current status is:

- Synchornization status os shown as 'completed' (it works; I can enable/disable integration, status is shown as 'in progress for a while, after that as 'completed' as shown on picture below)

- MSMQ eueues seem to be working - I see that messages are exchanged using queues, I can see also journal messages stored - so in general I would expect it to work, but!..

- Integration log is all the time empty, and

- MS manuals says that integration has to be enabled for projects and workers in case of all which are to be synchronized; thing is that manual says: "The check box is available only after Microsoft Dynamics AX has been set up for synchronization with Project Server. " for both, worker/project integration. I would expect then that it will be available to me, as status if integration is shown as 'completed', but no - it is still grayed out as shown on picture below:

So seems that one of two:

- there is still something wrong, or

- I've forgot to do something

Any advices? From one side seems integration is working, fron the other - seems AX is not aware of that.. If anyone would be able to help.. :)

regards

t

Tomek Serwanski responded on 2 May 2013 1:17 AM

ok, got it.. at the moment workers are being synchronized; only thing is that not all, for some workers I see as below ("ms project server" area is visible):

for other as below (no "ms project.."):

what may be the reason?

Also regarding project synchronization, in logs I see:

----

Error: ProjectServerError(s) LastError=ProjectInvalidOwner Instructions: Pass this into PSClientError constructor to access all error information

PSCLientError Output:

ProjectInvalidOwner

column: ProjectOwnerID

---

Thing is that I do not see field labeled 'project owner' in project window/setup; maybe anyone know where/what it is I should check/set?

regards

t

M4Robert responded on 24 May 2013 5:00 AM

Hi Tomasz,

Out of curiosity, did you get this working in the end?

Robert

Tomek Serwanski responded on 27 May 2013 12:52 AM

yes :) moreover, I did it on 2 more environments later, so I can say it was not one lucky shoot, but seems I can repeat succesful setup. Also I believe I've seen all possible issues and was able - also with help from the forum - to solve them, so hopefully no more surprises during next installations.

now it is being checked/tested by business, but except minor issues seems it is working fine

regards

t

Zubair Mir responded on 16 Sep 2013 5:41 AM

Hi Tomek:

I have a deployment  AX (separate box) and Sharepoint/Project server ( separate box). Integration has been performed successfully. employees from AX are getting sync'd up in project server as resources.

Issue: when i create a project in AX and mark it for sync, the integration log is showing the below mentioned error:

any clue for this is highly appreciated ????

--ERROR MESSAGE---

An error occurred while synchronizing Project entity type of Name:"psproj002"

---MORE DETAILS---

An error occurred while creating the Project compound entity of EntityId:85338a6f-93de-4e6f-a66e-c2338f766975, Name:"psproj002" in project server.

Error: ProjectServerError(s) LastError=ResourceNTAccountAlreadyInUse Instructions: Pass this into PSClientError constructor to access all error information

PSCLientError Output:ResourceNTAccountAlreadyInUse

ResourceNTAccountAlreadyInUse

wresAccount: domain\testuser

---STACK TRACE---

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.SyncServices.Library.PSIProxy.Resource.SetResourceAuthorization(ResourceAuthorizationDataSet users)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.SyncServices.Library.ProjServerQuery.ApplyLogOnAndProjectManagerPermToResource(Guid resourceUID, String domainAccount)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.SyncServices.Adapter.PSEntityAdapter.CreateProject(IDataContainer ProjectContainer)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.SyncServices.Adapter.PSEntityAdapter.CreateCompoundEntity(IDataContainer CompoundContainer)

Regards

Zubair

Regards
Zubair
Systems ltd. 

Suggested Answer
Tomek Serwanski responded on 23 Sep 2013 4:45 AM

Hello Zubair,

Did not face same issue, so cannot answer - but I would have a look at part:

seem to me that there is problem with resources used in project you're trying to synchronize; are there any added? if so, try please to synchronize project without any resources assigned first to see if problem is related to any partcular worker.

regards

Tomasz

Suggested Answer
Zubair Mir responded on 29 Sep 2013 10:50 PM

Hello Tomek:

Yes the issue was related to resources assigned to the projects in project server, i had forcefully unassigned the required resource from all the projects and then performed the required step again and it was done without any error.

Regards
Zubair
Systems ltd. 

Pin responded on 3 Oct 2013 6:01 AM

Hi Tomek,

can you please let me know how to fix the beneath issue?

I do - I do have both, project contract with ID TEST-000001 and project with ID TEST-000001; on the other hand why you think it may be problem with 000001? Seems error is pointing to non-existing TEST-000000 (no '1' at the end)

Thanks!

Kind Regards, Pin Wang
Pin responded on 3 Oct 2013 7:00 AM

please ignore my last post. Have found the solution.

Kind Regards, Pin Wang
Paulo Menezes responded on 26 Mar 2014 9:49 AM

Hi Tomaz.

I have the project server and Aos server in different boxes and I'm facing the same issue. Can you describe how you solve the problem for synchronization "In Progress"?

Suggested Answer
Tomek Serwanski responded on 23 Sep 2013 4:45 AM

Hello Zubair,

Did not face same issue, so cannot answer - but I would have a look at part:

seem to me that there is problem with resources used in project you're trying to synchronize; are there any added? if so, try please to synchronize project without any resources assigned first to see if problem is related to any partcular worker.

regards

Tomasz

Suggested Answer
Zubair Mir responded on 29 Sep 2013 10:50 PM

Hello Tomek:

Yes the issue was related to resources assigned to the projects in project server, i had forcefully unassigned the required resource from all the projects and then performed the required step again and it was done without any error.

Regards
Zubair
Systems ltd. 

Suggested Answer
Dillon Bailey responded on 30 May 2014 12:10 AM

Hi Pin,

For those that weren't able to find the stickler that wasn't allowing the integration to run, this has been released in a hotfix by Microsoft:

KB 2707194 Synchronize Project server integration, receive error "Cannot create a record in Integrated project contracts"

But for the more adventurous it is as simple as changing the string size on the extended data type of "SyncProjInvoiceProjId" (found in the AOT > Data Dictionary > Extended Data Types > SyncProjInvoiceProjId) to fit the char length of your contract IDs.  The default appears to be 10 and is inadequate for most.  To be most accurate you could upgrade string size of this problem EDT to the length of the EDT used by Contract ID number sequence.

Keep in mind saving this change to the EDT will want to synchronise the table and can take from 10 - 20 minutes to run.

All the best!

DB