Question Status

Suggested Answer
lally asked a question on 7 Apr 2013 10:08 PM

Hi All ,

When it comes AX 2009 or Ax 2012 most of the documents and journals have the option to select the dimensions based on the nature of transactions.

But Transfer order form does not have option to select the dimension values based on the nature of transactions.

a) What is the logic behind ?

b) How i can select the dimension values  in transfer order form ?( User have the dimension codes - Dept , Area , Cost centre , Purpose and these values are not constant it means every transfer order values will change )

Thanks in advance.

Suggested Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 14 Apr 2013 9:39 AM

The logic is that MS see all dimensions as constant EXCEPT the site dimension that you can link to a financial dimension. However from memory this never worked with Transfer Orders and I have not tested it in AX2012 but essentially if you activate the link and assign business unit dimension 1 to site 1 and 2 to 2 and transfer stock from 1 to 2 it did not update the dimension. Basically they never designed it to work this way on transfer orders, but I have not had to look at this in 2012 as yet.

**UPDATE** - Just ran it through with a linked dimension in AX2012 where the site was linked to the department financial dimension and it worked correctly with the end transaction in the warehouse holding the correctly transposed financial dimension.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Fredrik Sætre responded on 14 Apr 2013 2:38 PM

+1

I've also got these issues. If you don't have added Dimensions beforehand it will simply stop up. I can't tell you how many times this has crashed durring training and demos. Anyone from Supply Chain team who can make sence of this?

Fredrik Sætre responded on 14 Apr 2013 2:40 PM

What about location on the reciept side? If there is no default location you are stuck With no option to change or set it...

Suggested Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 27 Apr 2013 7:30 AM

On the transfer receipt you would go to the registration and define the location here, then receive it in - this is how you do it without a default location so you do have the option to change or set it without the default location.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 14 Apr 2013 9:39 AM

The logic is that MS see all dimensions as constant EXCEPT the site dimension that you can link to a financial dimension. However from memory this never worked with Transfer Orders and I have not tested it in AX2012 but essentially if you activate the link and assign business unit dimension 1 to site 1 and 2 to 2 and transfer stock from 1 to 2 it did not update the dimension. Basically they never designed it to work this way on transfer orders, but I have not had to look at this in 2012 as yet.

**UPDATE** - Just ran it through with a linked dimension in AX2012 where the site was linked to the department financial dimension and it worked correctly with the end transaction in the warehouse holding the correctly transposed financial dimension.

Suggested Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 27 Apr 2013 7:30 AM

On the transfer receipt you would go to the registration and define the location here, then receive it in - this is how you do it without a default location so you do have the option to change or set it without the default location.