Question Status

Unanswered
Arqxlep asked a question on 8 Apr 2013 8:19 PM

Hi ALL,

I could not find a AX2012 standard report to export SO Packing Slip records by specific date, format as follow:

WH, Loc, SO#, Packing Slip# (optional), Customer#, Item#, Item Name, Packing Qty, Packing UM, Ship Date, Created by

Could Anyone help?

Thanks.

Arqxlep

AX2012 R2 Newbie,
Arqxlep

Steven Weaver responded on 14 Apr 2013 7:27 AM

You can export the standard print to file, but ultimately if you want it in a specific format for a specific reason you need to modify/customize to achieve what you require. Have you looked at what the standard gives you compared to your need? There is also the in-process consideration here as you have not stated why you need the export or what it does.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Arqxlep responded on 19 Apr 2013 7:36 PM

Hi WEAVERISKI,

Thank you for your answer!

Our aims is to generate a SO Packing Slip lines report for checking SO daily shipment record from AX.

Actually we could only find similar data in S&M -> Inquiry -> Journals -> Packing Slip journal,

BUT it could only show line details by each packing slip, which is not in a report format.

As we have limitation on customize report fields via AOS / AOT,

we would like to find ways on modifying the report fields without customize in AOS / AOT. Please advise!

Thanks.

Arqxlep

AX2012 R2 Newbie,
Arqxlep

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 20 Apr 2013 8:43 AM

Modifying a report without customization is not possible. The report layout needs to be changed by using Visual Studio.

If you have a form showing only the packing slip lines, it is possible to export it to Excel. But such a form is not standard available as well (for so far I have seen).

Is there a policy for not having customizations within your company?

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Arqxlep responded on 21 Apr 2013 8:24 PM

Hi André Arnaud de Calavon,

Yes we could not have report customization and would like to find as much as possible how much AX reports / forms could cover. Could you please advise where we could find the AX2012 report / form details online? Currently we could only check out in AX2012 one by one..

For the packing slip, the form we found from AX2012 could only show line details by EACH packing slip, but not overall lines report for all packing slips, therefore it could not fulfill our requirement

Thanks!

Arqxlep

AX2012 R2 Newbie,
Arqxlep

Mansoor Adeel responded on 21 Apr 2013 9:59 PM

Hi Arqxlep,

Here is the link of reports catalog of AX 2012, which may could help you find your desired report.

technet.microsoft.com/.../hh334471.aspx

Mansoor Adeel

AX 2012 Techno Consultant

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 21 Apr 2013 10:38 PM

Hi Arqxlep,

You can use the Office Add-in as well to create your reports in e.g. Excel.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.