Question Status

Suggested Answer
Trevor Zimwara asked a question on 24 Apr 2013 2:20 AM

I created a new custom workflow for a new custom module. I am facing 1 challenge and the bad thing is there is very little detail regarding the error. 

Event viewer shows error as Workflow threw an exception for the following reason: Enum with 0 is unknown.

Any form of help is appreciated

Thanx

Trez

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 27 Apr 2013 2:14 PM

Hi Trez,

You gave very little information about what you already did and which document/table it concerns.

Maybe it is related to a status field? All workflow works with a status on the document tables. The status field is an enumeration. Did you used or added the status for workflow?

Otherwise try to share some printscreens for more hints.

Anil K responded on 21 Jul 2015 2:40 PM

Hi Trezim,

I am getting same issue . did you resolve this??

Suggested Answer
Fatih Gork responded on 21 Jul 2015 3:23 PM

Hello Anil,

If you can create a new workflow but can not edit an existing one, it might be related to your workflow configuration.

So you can either export the workflow as XML edit the XML and import the workflow again, or create a new one.

If you can not neither edit a workflow nor create a new one, and you are sure that there is no CIL generation running at the moment, compiling all classes and forms which have names beginning with "Workflow*" might solve the issue. 

I faced a similar issue, mine was related to a field, not an enum.

When I digged the problem, I found out that a field's name that I used in a conditional decision was changed, so the field used in configuration did not exist anymore.

I configured a new workflow and it worked with no problems.

Suggested Answer
Trevor Zimwara responded on 22 Jul 2015 2:23 AM

Hi Anil

Yes i was able to sort out everything. Cant exactly remember how (been 2 years already) but all i can remember is it had lots to do with CIL generation. As a first step, i recommend compiling the whole application. This will ensure that all your new custom AOT elements are synced, then generate CIL. You may get CIL errors. Try to have them resolved them 1 by 1 until CIL generation shows no errors at all.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Suggested Answer
Fatih Gork responded on 21 Jul 2015 3:23 PM

Hello Anil,

If you can create a new workflow but can not edit an existing one, it might be related to your workflow configuration.

So you can either export the workflow as XML edit the XML and import the workflow again, or create a new one.

If you can not neither edit a workflow nor create a new one, and you are sure that there is no CIL generation running at the moment, compiling all classes and forms which have names beginning with "Workflow*" might solve the issue. 

I faced a similar issue, mine was related to a field, not an enum.

When I digged the problem, I found out that a field's name that I used in a conditional decision was changed, so the field used in configuration did not exist anymore.

I configured a new workflow and it worked with no problems.

Suggested Answer
Trevor Zimwara responded on 22 Jul 2015 2:23 AM

Hi Anil

Yes i was able to sort out everything. Cant exactly remember how (been 2 years already) but all i can remember is it had lots to do with CIL generation. As a first step, i recommend compiling the whole application. This will ensure that all your new custom AOT elements are synced, then generate CIL. You may get CIL errors. Try to have them resolved them 1 by 1 until CIL generation shows no errors at all.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.