Question Status

Suggested Answer
Tomek Serwanski asked a question on 24 Apr 2013 7:32 AM

Hello,

Maybe anyone could advice - in linensing model I've found 4 models, two of them are:

- 'task cal' which may, between others, 'enter billable time', and

- 'self service cal' which may, between others, 'make time and attendance entries such as registering hours, clock-in and clock-out'

Need to estimate number of lincenses for regular employees, who will use EP for, between others, registering their time sheets - so can anyone confirm which license I would need for that? Will 'self service ca' be enough?

regards

Tomasz

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 24 Apr 2013 1:59 PM

Hi Tomek,

Check the next documents:

technet.microsoft.com/.../hh924728.aspx

download.microsoft.com/.../MSDAX2012_SecurityRolesLicensing.PDF

It will give you the answer. There are no premapped roles out of the box with selve serve. The role you mention will be a Task CAL.

In some cases you can develop a customized role where due to the used menu items the CAL type will  be different.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 24 Apr 2013 1:59 PM

Hi Tomek,

Check the next documents:

technet.microsoft.com/.../hh924728.aspx

download.microsoft.com/.../MSDAX2012_SecurityRolesLicensing.PDF

It will give you the answer. There are no premapped roles out of the box with selve serve. The role you mention will be a Task CAL.

In some cases you can develop a customized role where due to the used menu items the CAL type will  be different.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.