Question Status

Verified
Steven Weaver asked a question on 26 Apr 2013 8:02 AM

Is anyone using RapidStart with AX2012? Was wondering what the good and bad parts were, or any feedback. I am about to take a look at it (if time allows) and was looking for some input from current users if they exist.

Verified Answer
Tommy Skaue responded on 26 Apr 2013 8:11 AM

I'm going to blog around the installation and setup of the Connector. As for the usage, it is a bit too early for me. I think the idea is grand. There are multiple scenarios where it can be used, not only for implementing AX for a customer, but also for setting up an environment rapidly for testing, demo or development.

One "bad" part, for me at least, is the current lack of documentation. There are a couple of downloadable documents on Customersource/Partnersource in addition to the TechNet pages (technet.microsoft.com/.../hh429439.aspx).

Steven Weaver responded on 26 Apr 2013 9:56 AM

Hi Tommy, I will look forward to the blog.

I have read around it and I am currently waiting for the online service to work. The concept of the process mapping within the services of RapidStart look interesting with the potential of creating a base configuration from questionnaires.

Just need to find the time to play with it I suppose.....

Suggested Answer
Aditya Desai responded on 14 May 2013 6:21 PM

Daniel Fine of Fine Solutions talked about his experiences with Rapidstart at the Convergence 2013 session.

vts.inxpo.com/.../Event.htm

His talk starts at - 46:00 (You may have to register to access it)

Verified Answer
Tommy Skaue responded on 26 Apr 2013 8:11 AM

I'm going to blog around the installation and setup of the Connector. As for the usage, it is a bit too early for me. I think the idea is grand. There are multiple scenarios where it can be used, not only for implementing AX for a customer, but also for setting up an environment rapidly for testing, demo or development.

One "bad" part, for me at least, is the current lack of documentation. There are a couple of downloadable documents on Customersource/Partnersource in addition to the TechNet pages (technet.microsoft.com/.../hh429439.aspx).

Suggested Answer
Aditya Desai responded on 14 May 2013 6:21 PM

Daniel Fine of Fine Solutions talked about his experiences with Rapidstart at the Convergence 2013 session.

vts.inxpo.com/.../Event.htm

His talk starts at - 46:00 (You may have to register to access it)