Question Status

Verified
Steven Weaver asked a question on 26 Apr 2013 8:02 AM

Is anyone using RapidStart with AX2012? Was wondering what the good and bad parts were, or any feedback. I am about to take a look at it (if time allows) and was looking for some input from current users if they exist.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
Tommy Skaue responded on 26 Apr 2013 8:11 AM

I'm going to blog around the installation and setup of the Connector. As for the usage, it is a bit too early for me. I think the idea is grand. There are multiple scenarios where it can be used, not only for implementing AX for a customer, but also for setting up an environment rapidly for testing, demo or development.

One "bad" part, for me at least, is the current lack of documentation. There are a couple of downloadable documents on Customersource/Partnersource in addition to the TechNet pages (technet.microsoft.com/.../hh429439.aspx).

Tommy Skaue | Dynamics AX Developer from Norway | http://yetanotherdynamicsaxblog.blogspot.no/ | www.axdata.no

Suggested Answer
Aditya Desai responded on 14 May 2013 6:21 PM

Daniel Fine of Fine Solutions talked about his experiences with Rapidstart at the Convergence 2013 session.

vts.inxpo.com/.../Event.htm

His talk starts at - 46:00 (You may have to register to access it)

Verified Answer
Tommy Skaue responded on 26 Apr 2013 8:11 AM

I'm going to blog around the installation and setup of the Connector. As for the usage, it is a bit too early for me. I think the idea is grand. There are multiple scenarios where it can be used, not only for implementing AX for a customer, but also for setting up an environment rapidly for testing, demo or development.

One "bad" part, for me at least, is the current lack of documentation. There are a couple of downloadable documents on Customersource/Partnersource in addition to the TechNet pages (technet.microsoft.com/.../hh429439.aspx).

Tommy Skaue | Dynamics AX Developer from Norway | http://yetanotherdynamicsaxblog.blogspot.no/ | www.axdata.no

Steven Weaver responded on 26 Apr 2013 9:56 AM

Hi Tommy, I will look forward to the blog.

I have read around it and I am currently waiting for the online service to work. The concept of the process mapping within the services of RapidStart look interesting with the potential of creating a base configuration from questionnaires.

Just need to find the time to play with it I suppose.....

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
Aditya Desai responded on 14 May 2013 6:21 PM

Daniel Fine of Fine Solutions talked about his experiences with Rapidstart at the Convergence 2013 session.

vts.inxpo.com/.../Event.htm

His talk starts at - 46:00 (You may have to register to access it)