AX2012 Inventory Value Report Problem

This question is not answered

Hi ALL,

I am trying to generate a inventory value report but found the following problems:

1) All items are retrieved although I have set selecting criteria "XX12*" in "Resource"

2) Warehouse & Location data could not be retrieved (Already set View "Warehouse" & "Location" in report parameter)

Could anyone please advise if you have the same problem or not? or how you retrieve the warehouse & location data for each item (resource)?

Thanks,

Arqxlep

AX2012 R2 Newbie,
Arqxlep

All Replies
  • I can see some of your problems too.

When I set criteria on the resource, only the selected items are retrieved. So this is working correctly within my enbironment.

Warehouse and Location:  columns are presented, but values are missing. I guess the same problem as you have.

When I use the site: The values are shown.

When you share a printscreen of your settings, maybe we can have some ideas for you.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

• I ran it for a set warehouse and whilst there were many blank lines I transferred one item into the warehouse and I could see the transaction and the warehouse was listed in the voucher line. I would guess the dimension group financial costing flag would also impact on this.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• HI WEAVERISKI,

" I would guess the dimension group financial costing flag would also impact on this." <- Do you mean the storage dimension setting (attached below) would affect the data display?

As we set site only as financial inventory dimension, so we could not get the warehouse & location data to the inventory value report? 

Thanks,

Arqxlep 

AX2012 R2 Newbie,
    Arqxlep

• Yes that is where I was going, if you do not cost at warehouse level then why would you show it at this level in a split format as it will always be the same unit cost - it would be the total that is different. I can see warehouse values in the one I have set. Can you create a new item with financial inventory set at warehouse, book it in and run the same valuation settings and see if you get a value?

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• I have seen the same behavior on the Inventory Value report where there is no data in the warehouse. I  validated that the warehouse is displayed on the inventory value report only if the Financial Inventory box is checked in the item’s Storage Dimension Group.