Question Status

Unanswered
Arqxlep asked a question on 26 Apr 2013 11:14 PM

Hi ALL,

I am trying to generate a inventory value report but found the following problems:

1) All items are retrieved although I have set selecting criteria "XX12*" in "Resource"

2) Warehouse & Location data could not be retrieved (Already set View "Warehouse" & "Location" in report parameter)

Could anyone please advise if you have the same problem or not? or how you retrieve the warehouse & location data for each item (resource)?

Thanks,

Arqxlep

AX2012 R2 Newbie,
Arqxlep

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 27 Apr 2013 12:07 PM

I can see some of your problems too.

When I set criteria on the resource, only the selected items are retrieved. So this is working correctly within my enbironment.

Warehouse and Location:  columns are presented, but values are missing. I guess the same problem as you have.

When I use the site: The values are shown.

When you share a printscreen of your settings, maybe we can have some ideas for you.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Steven Weaver responded on 27 Apr 2013 2:24 PM

I ran it for a set warehouse and whilst there were many blank lines I transferred one item into the warehouse and I could see the transaction and the warehouse was listed in the voucher line. I would guess the dimension group financial costing flag would also impact on this.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Arqxlep responded on 28 Apr 2013 9:29 PM

HI WEAVERISKI,

" I would guess the dimension group financial costing flag would also impact on this." <- Do you mean the storage dimension setting (attached below) would affect the data display?

As we set site only as financial inventory dimension, so we could not get the warehouse & location data to the inventory value report? 

Thanks,

Arqxlep 

AX2012 R2 Newbie,
Arqxlep

Steven Weaver responded on 28 Apr 2013 10:48 PM

Yes that is where I was going, if you do not cost at warehouse level then why would you show it at this level in a split format as it will always be the same unit cost - it would be the total that is different. I can see warehouse values in the one I have set. Can you create a new item with financial inventory set at warehouse, book it in and run the same valuation settings and see if you get a value?

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

ssnw_td responded on 8 May 2013 1:05 PM

I have seen the same behavior on the Inventory Value report where there is no data in the warehouse. I  validated that the warehouse is displayed on the inventory value report only if the Financial Inventory box is checked in the item’s Storage Dimension Group.