AX 2012 R 2 Post statement

This question has suggested answer(s)

When i try to post statement the following error appear

The quantity cannot be invoiced because inventory transactions with a status of Received are insufficient.

Need Help for this because its an urgent issue.

All Replies
  • Hi,

You have given not much information. Is it from a purchase order or a returned sales order?

Did you update the order by using 'Product receipt' or 'Packing slip'?

Check the item model group for the setting 'Receiving requirements'. If this field is set, you first have to post the physical update by e.g. posting the 'Product receipt'. Otherwise you indeed can get this error.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

• Hi Andre,

Thanks for you reply,

Sorry for my little information

i have created transaction from POS which contains returns and sales then i back to ax to calculate and post statement then the error appear.

i saw the item model group "receiving requirements" is checked when i remove the check statement posted successfully  but we are using this parameter to enforce the user to make product receipt(Packing Slip) before invoice.

but when i clear the check user can make invoice without product receipt.

Kindly advice.

• Hi Soha,

I'm not yet familiar with the POS functionality. Maybe there is a requirement to have the requirement settings off in the item model group. But this thought must be checked.If this is a requirement, I would think it is a bug.

An alternative way of checking your receipts is to use three-way matching on incoming invoices (only for stocked items). Without matching the product receipts, the vendor invoice cannot be posted.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

• I am not sure how this would work with Requirements = true

If you set your default disposition code in retail to scrap eg not receipt required this will default back into the return order and hopefully avoid the issue?

it would depend on each store & business though it sounds like they need to add another retail field to the warehouse regarding receiving requirements per warehouse