Question Status

Verified
FrancisDucharme asked a question on 7 May 2013 1:48 PM

Hello,

I'm pretty new in AX and I'm trying to see the actual line that's causing a certain error to be logged into a report/journal (121: File not found).

Is there any way to set the debugger to break on all exception/errors ? There's this class with a dozen of methods and I have no clue where to start inserting a breakpoint which is why I'd like the debugger to break by itself, just like in Visual Studio.

Is that even possible ?

Thanks!

Suggested Answer
Joris de Gruyter responded on 7 May 2013 2:20 PM

There's no way to really do this. However, if your error is actually also sending a message to the infolog, you can add a breakpoint in the info class add method. You'll be able to see the stack of where it's being called from.

FrancisDucharme responded on 8 May 2013 6:52 AM

Thanks sounds great Joris, but unfortunately, I can't find the info class in the AOT tree :(

FrancisDucharme responded on 8 May 2013 7:02 AM

Nevermind, it's at the bottom of the tree, not in alphabetical order for some reason :\

Verified Answer
Joris de Gruyter responded on 8 May 2013 8:26 AM

You can just click on one object in the AOT, and then start typing, that will take you there.

The reason it's at the bottom is because it's a kernel-level class. There's a few other down there as well :-)

FrancisDucharme responded on 8 May 2013 9:11 AM

Turns out I put a breakpoint in another class/method (because the Info class is not used in this case) and was able to work up the strack trace. Your suggestion was of great help.

Verified Answer
Joris de Gruyter responded on 8 May 2013 8:26 AM

You can just click on one object in the AOT, and then start typing, that will take you there.

The reason it's at the bottom is because it's a kernel-level class. There's a few other down there as well :-)

Suggested Answer
Joris de Gruyter responded on 7 May 2013 2:20 PM

There's no way to really do this. However, if your error is actually also sending a message to the infolog, you can add a breakpoint in the info class add method. You'll be able to see the stack of where it's being called from.