Question Status

Verified
Dennison Uy asked a question on 13 May 2013 9:14 AM

Sorry if this has been posted before, I have been looking all over and spent practically the whole day trying to find out why Development Tools does not appear on our installation. It should be under Menu -> Tools -> Development Tools

For a better idea check the video in the link: http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/SanjayJain/Microsoft-Dynamics-AX-2009-AIF-Web-Services-Screencast

Verified Answer
Kamalakannan Elangovan responded on 13 May 2013 11:45 AM

Apart from what Tommy has said also verify that you have valid developer license. If the license expires also all development related tools are disabled.

- Kamal

MyBlog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Suggested Answer
Tommy Skaue responded on 13 May 2013 9:28 AM

Can you confirm that you are able to open the Application Object Tree (AOT) by pressing CTRL+D? You might be lacking developer access.

Tommy Skaue | Dynamics AX Developer from Norway | http://yetanotherdynamicsaxblog.blogspot.no/ | www.axdata.no

Suggested Answer
Tommy Skaue responded on 13 May 2013 9:28 AM

Can you confirm that you are able to open the Application Object Tree (AOT) by pressing CTRL+D? You might be lacking developer access.

Tommy Skaue | Dynamics AX Developer from Norway | http://yetanotherdynamicsaxblog.blogspot.no/ | www.axdata.no

Verified Answer
Kamalakannan Elangovan responded on 13 May 2013 11:45 AM

Apart from what Tommy has said also verify that you have valid developer license. If the license expires also all development related tools are disabled.

- Kamal

MyBlog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Dennison Uy responded on 14 May 2013 4:06 AM

That might be the case. Nothing happens when I press CTRL+D.

Dennison Uy responded on 14 May 2013 4:08 AM

Thanks Kamal, that might be it. When I go to Help -> About it says the following:

The product is licensed to: Internal

Serial number: <blank>

I guess Serial number should contain something then.

Martin Dráb responded on 14 May 2013 4:15 AM

Go to Administration > Setup > System > License information and check whether you have codes for Windows MorphX Development Suite and X++ Source Code. Also check the expiration date.

Martin "Goshoom" Dráb | Freelancer | Goshoom.NET Dev Blog

Dennison Uy responded on 14 May 2013 5:13 AM

Administration is not showing on my interface .. :(

Martin Dráb responded on 14 May 2013 5:32 AM

If you don't see Administration in main menu, it means that you don't have sufficient permissions. Ask your administrator to grant you full permissions. You also can't access development tools without right permissions, even if the environment has development licenses loaded.

Dennison Uy responded on 14 May 2013 10:07 AM

Martin, I am logging in as Administrator. Will double check for development licenses though.

Thanks for your help by the way.

Martin Dráb responded on 14 May 2013 10:52 AM

I don't believe you're logged as admin in AX and don't have Administration in main menu. I've never seen such a thing before, so either I have a chance to learn something new or you're doing something wrong.

Dennison Uy responded on 20 May 2013 4:03 AM

I guess you're right Martin. Unfortunately our client does not want to reinstall or change anything in the system.

Thanks for trying to help!