Fiscal Years

This question has suggested answer(s)

Our company uses AX-2009. We have the fiscal period Jan-Dec for US Corporate reporting. We need to create another fiscal year Apr-Mar for Indian Income Tax reporting. We need both the fiscal years - Jan to Dec & Apr to Mar. How can we do it?

Mayur

All Replies
  • Within one company in AX2009 you can have only one fiscal year. I don't know if the Indian Income Tax is a report which automatically selects your fiscal year. Is is possible to enter a date interval manually for this reporting?

If not: For Sales Tax you can setup settlement periods. Perhaps do a modification then that you can setup which settlement period to use for this report.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

• In AX 2009 It is not possible to have  2 fiscal year.

• Rigt now the AX 2009 version we have is configured to have Jan-Dec as the fiscal year. I also need Apr-Mar as another fiscal year. Is it possible if we can create another company with Apr-Mar fiscal year?

Mayur

• Hi Mayur,

Yes. This is possible.

Within a second company you can create a different fiscal year.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

• Maybe you can look into using posting layers for posting the closing transactions for the US reporting year, and then report to the US company using operational + tax, while continue to generate/process your indian fiscal year by using the operational layer only?

Zvika Rimalt * Dynamics AX Business Analyst/Functional Consultant * Vancouver, BC, Canada