Question Status

Suggested Answer
cvandy23 asked a question on 16 May 2013 1:38 PM

I created a custom field on the already existing customer address table that is a lookup of users in AX.  Basically a field so we can see who the owner is at each location for the customer.  In the processing group I have the customer address table selected and I have already mapped my target fields and created the field in the DMFCustomerAddress.  All looks perfect from the preview and I get no errors.  However, when I import the field it is not importing the data.  I am not sure what I am missing.  Can someone please tell me if it is possible to add custom fields to the already existing DMF tables?  And if so, what are the steps to ensure it will import correctly?  There is nothing about this on technet, only on how to create a custom entity. I really appreciate your assistance as I have found little help.  Thanks!

cvandy23 responded on 22 May 2013 7:42 AM

Anyone?

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 22 May 2013 12:50 PM

Hi,

For sure it is possible to modify the entities delivered by DMF out of the box with your new custom fields. The DMFCustomerAddress might be more tricky as the values are stored in several tables by use of some Generate... methods. Have you modified one of these? Or did you map the field directly from staging to the target?

If it is not importing. Is there any error message available?

When you look at the imported staging table, is the new field filled with a value or not? Is this new field on the customer address a record id reference field from the worker table or the worker name / personnel number itself? Is the staging field the same data type of your new field?

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

cvandy23 responded on 22 May 2013 2:58 PM

Thank you so much for posting.  I have been trying to get help from many people at Microsoft with little resolution to the issue.  I have tried it two different ways.  I was told the field should be setup as a string in the DMF table eventhough the field on the address card is a drop down pulling from the workers table.  With this setup, Yes, it is appearing in the DMFCustomerAddressEntity table,  The field is there and so is the value.  I was not sure if the value would be expected as the employee ID number or the first name last name so I have tried both.  They both are imported into this dmf table and display properly, but never appear on the target account address.  There is no error message when you check the validation or the error log for the target records.  This field is a lookup to the reference hcmworkername field.  The field on the address card is an enum int64 and the edt is to hcmworkerrecid and the field on the dmfcustomeraddressentity table is a string.  

The second scenario I tried was with the field in the DMFaddress being the same data type as the Cust Address Card.  So they are both set to int64 and both lookup to hcmworkerrecid.  When I import the data it shows correctly in the previews and after its been imported in the dmf view and it shows the worker name, eventhough I imported it as the recid of the worker.  It validates successfully.  THe problem is still the same issue as before. It is still not appearing in the customer address card.  I am using the same recids that are in the table when I import so they should be able to resolve.  I am not sure what to do.  I really appreciate any help you have.  Thank you.  

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 23 May 2013 12:32 AM

On some entities the workers are used as well. E.g. Projects . You can take a look how it is solved. Also a method is used for it to have the worker record found in the system. (DMFProjTableEntityClass.GenerateWorkerResponsible).

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

cvandy23 responded on 11 Jun 2013 1:42 PM

Thank you for all your comments.  I still have not been able to complete this import.  I looked at the Project table and the mapping.  I see that the dmf project table has 3 worker responsible fields, for the 1 worker responsible field on the project card.  Are 3 fields required to get this to work?  If I am importing the personel number or recid from the csv, then I wouldnt need to have all 3 fields, correct?  Or is there something about this relationship that requires it. Any details would be really appreciated and Microsoft has still been unsucessful in helping me with the solution.  I appreciate it.  Thanks!

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 23 May 2013 12:32 AM

On some entities the workers are used as well. E.g. Projects . You can take a look how it is solved. Also a method is used for it to have the worker record found in the system. (DMFProjTableEntityClass.GenerateWorkerResponsible).

kind regards,