Question Status

Suggested Answer
Ethan Ong asked a question on 16 May 2013 11:33 PM

Good day,

I had created Payment to Vendor using foreign currency e Australian Dollar (A$45.00), whereas the entity local currency is Malaysian Ringgit (MYR 132.00).  I noted the Vendor Transaction displayed the A$45.00 (figure 1), on the other hand in my Bank Transaction it displayed as MYR 45.00 instead of RM132.00 (figure 2).

Did I omit and configuration?

Figure 1:

Figure 2:

Suggested Answer
Zvika Rimalt responded on 20 May 2013 9:18 PM

The images you provide indicate the problem is not specific to your bank module/transactions form.

Take for example the "Ledger Statement" report:

the transaction shows as AUD$ 45 (amount in transaction currency), and also as MYR 45 (amount in accounting currency).

Clearly, the conversion from AUD$ to MYR is not happening in your system, and the most likely reason is that the exchange rate is not correctly defined (or not properly selected on the "Ledger" form.

Whatever the root cause, it is not specific to the bank transactions form.

Zvika Rimalt * Dynamics AX Business Analyst/Functional Consultant * Vancouver, BC, Canada

Zvika Rimalt responded on 18 May 2013 11:05 AM

The first suspect would be the exchange rate set up for MYR to AUD.

Did you set up a correct exchange rate?

I checked and this scenario works well on my instance of AX 2012 R2

Zvika Rimalt * Dynamics AX Business Analyst/Functional Consultant * Vancouver, BC, Canada

Ethan Ong responded on 18 May 2013 5:21 PM

Hi,

Appreciate the comments. 

Firstly I had setup the currency exchange rate, else, I could press further to post the Foreign Exchange in the Payment Journal.

Secondly I had checked the conversion in my ledger transactions are accurate.

But my question remained the same, "Why, is the Bank and Cash Management transaction screen display MYR 45.00?" instead of displaying my the local currency transactions. As you refer to the diagram above, I tested A$ 45.00 without using Purchase Invoice whereas A$150 using Purchase Invoices.

Consequently, when I made payment (following diagram, it reflects inconsistency in payment).

So I need to know any configuration i had yet to set?

Suggested Answer
Zvika Rimalt responded on 20 May 2013 9:18 PM

The images you provide indicate the problem is not specific to your bank module/transactions form.

Take for example the "Ledger Statement" report:

the transaction shows as AUD$ 45 (amount in transaction currency), and also as MYR 45 (amount in accounting currency).

Clearly, the conversion from AUD$ to MYR is not happening in your system, and the most likely reason is that the exchange rate is not correctly defined (or not properly selected on the "Ledger" form.

Whatever the root cause, it is not specific to the bank transactions form.

Ethan Ong responded on 20 May 2013 9:49 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation.