Question Status

Suggested Answer
Mindy D asked a question on 22 May 2013 7:51 AM

In 6.0 we customized the ProjInvoice.report for a client. In our attempts to upgrade the client to 6.2, the ProjInvoice.report no longer is called when printing project invoices. Instead it looks like it is calling PSAProjInvoice from the Forms > Setup > Print Management with no other options available. ProjInvoice.report is still available in AOT, but can't find a way to access it through UI.

Tommy Skaue responded on 22 May 2013 8:09 AM

You should look into the active License Configurations. I believe Project3 activates the PSA version.  

Tommy Skaue | Dynamics AX Developer from Norway | http://yetanotherdynamicsaxblog.blogspot.no/ | www.axdata.no

Mindy D responded on 23 May 2013 12:23 PM

Thanks for the heads up on this, Tommy. Unfortunately, even disabling the Project III license (well, all of the sub-nodes) does not change the report printing. It is still using PSAProjInvoice. Any other ideas for us? Sounds like we may have to customize the PSAProjInvoice report now instead of being able to use the one previously customized.

Dawid responded on 20 Oct 2013 3:42 PM

Hi,

Have you ever been able to find solution for this?

I have exactly the same problem, slightly customized DP class and the report design. Do I need to move all the customizations into PSA report, or is there a way to make ProjInvoice work in R2 ?

Suggested Answer
Brian Welcker responded on 2 Nov 2013 10:47 PM

You need to disable the entire license key, not just the subkeys under Project III in the configuration form. In R2, you can disable the Project III license without deleting the key but in the Feature Pack, you have to delete the key. In general, the new project invoice has lots more functionality and is the one we are investing in so I would recommend moving your customizations to this one.

Brian Welcker | Principal Group Program Manager - Service Industries | Microsoft Dynamics AX
Dawid responded on 3 Nov 2013 4:48 AM

Thank you for the replay.

I have moved already the customizations into PSA.. report, but will certainly try your solution soon in a test environment as an exercise.

Regards,

Dawid

vukis responded on 31 Dec 2013 1:45 AM

Thank you, Brian!

Dawid, I think this Brian post can by marked as answer.

Suggested Answer
Brian Welcker responded on 2 Nov 2013 10:47 PM

You need to disable the entire license key, not just the subkeys under Project III in the configuration form. In R2, you can disable the Project III license without deleting the key but in the Feature Pack, you have to delete the key. In general, the new project invoice has lots more functionality and is the one we are investing in so I would recommend moving your customizations to this one.

Brian Welcker | Principal Group Program Manager - Service Industries | Microsoft Dynamics AX