Entry point AccessLevel are shared?

This question is answered

Morning...

I'm having to modify item access to setup items and have a question about entry points.

So say I find a privilege which controls access to a particular action menu item. In the AOT, I click on the privilege and then the entry points node. I find the particular entry point I'd like to change. I've researched that entry point and it's shared across 3 other roles but the privilege is only assigned to the role I'm interested in impacting (hope that makes sense). What happens if I change the AccessLevel of the entry point from Delete to NoAccess? Are all 3 roles which utilize the same entry point impacted?

Boy I hope that made some sense.

Verified Answer
  • Hi,

When you change the AccessLevel of a privilege all related Duties and Roles are affected. So be carefull with this kind of changes!

If you want only one role to have another access level on an entry point you need to copy the privilege and maybe also a related duty. On the copied duty you can remove the original privilege and replace it by your new copy. Replace the duty or privilege on your role as well to the new copied version.

Then you can change the access level for just one role.

Hope this will clearify for you.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

• Hi Kbanh, by saying that "it's shared across 3 other roles but the privilege is only assigned to the role I'm interested in impacting" means that the other roles have different privileges. Thus changing the AccessLevel on one privilege will not impact the AccessLevel on the other privileges and thus the other roles.  

Regards,

Steve

All Replies
  • Hi,

When you change the AccessLevel of a privilege all related Duties and Roles are affected. So be carefull with this kind of changes!

If you want only one role to have another access level on an entry point you need to copy the privilege and maybe also a related duty. On the copied duty you can remove the original privilege and replace it by your new copy. Replace the duty or privilege on your role as well to the new copied version.

Then you can change the access level for just one role.

Hope this will clearify for you.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

• Hi Kbanh, by saying that "it's shared across 3 other roles but the privilege is only assigned to the role I'm interested in impacting" means that the other roles have different privileges. Thus changing the AccessLevel on one privilege will not impact the AccessLevel on the other privileges and thus the other roles.  

Regards,

Steve