Question Status

Verified
SKYLARK asked a question on 17 Jun 2013 9:16 AM

I'm looking for some help as a very brand new AX user...  I have created 2 Tables using the AOT that are needed for reference to our parent company system.  

Table 1 is a setup table that only has 3 fields:

Group ID

Type ID (enum - with only 3 values permitted)

Description

Table 2 is another setup table that needs to link to table 1:

Account ID

Description

Group 1 - from table 1 using type id 1

Group 2 - from table 1 using type id 2

Group 3 - from table 1 using type id 3

I created a grid for Table 2 that includes all 5 fields.  My problem is where I try to add a lookup to Group 1, Group 2 and Group 3.  I can only get the lookup on Group 1 (or the first field in the grid) to work.  Is it possible to link multiple fields to the same lookup file?  My final plan is to add a filter so that the lookup will only show type 1 records for group 1 and type 2 records for group 2, etc.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Verified Answer
Rachit Garg responded on 18 Jun 2013 5:05 AM

Hi,

If I understand your question correctly then you want to have lookup on Group 1 field for all the records from Table 1 having type Id 1 and similarly look up for Group 2 should fetch all records from Table 1 having TypeId 2 and same for Group 3.

You can easily achieve this by defining normal and related field fixed relations on table 2 with Table 1 .

Another approach, In case you are using AX 2009 is that you can also define the same relation with Table on EDT and directly use it in your tables.

Thanks,

Rachit Garg

Thanks,

Rachit Garg

Mark Prouty responded on 17 Jun 2013 11:31 AM

It sounds like you want a similar lookup as is available for financial dimensions?

Another place to look for example is CRM module (AX2009) Customer segment / sub-segment.

Another place to look is AR Return reason groups and Return reason codes.

Verified Answer
Rachit Garg responded on 18 Jun 2013 5:05 AM

Hi,

If I understand your question correctly then you want to have lookup on Group 1 field for all the records from Table 1 having type Id 1 and similarly look up for Group 2 should fetch all records from Table 1 having TypeId 2 and same for Group 3.

You can easily achieve this by defining normal and related field fixed relations on table 2 with Table 1 .

Another approach, In case you are using AX 2009 is that you can also define the same relation with Table on EDT and directly use it in your tables.

Thanks,

Rachit Garg

Thanks,

Rachit Garg

venkatesh vadlamani responded on 18 Jun 2013 1:39 PM

perform a query lookup. Examples available in may uibuilders