Ax Reports not showing data

This question is answered

Hello all,

I have a AX report I'm working on, in fact I am modifying an existing one by adding a new field. I'm calling that field from another Table, but before that I added that Table into the Datasource, I created a relationship between the 2 tables and I did everything I was supposed to do. Now there is a new Column (Field) in my Report with the name of the Field I called from that table, the only problem is that the whole column is empty while when I open the table there is data in it. I don't understand what's going on, did I miss something? If yes what?

Thanks for your help.

PS: The column I am talking about is the Quantity column, the second quanity that is empty.

Verified Answer
  • Hi,

I assume you are working on a query data source.

Try create a view base on the query, do the data show in the view?

My blog | PBC

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

All Replies
  • Hi,

I assume you are working on a query data source.

Try create a view base on the query, do the data show in the view?

My blog | PBC

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• I am working on AX 2009 by the way and I am not sure I understand what you mean by create a view, Do you mean like this AOT -> Data Dictionary -> View - > My_View_Name ?

• Yes. The idea is to check whether the query works as you expected.

My blog | PBC

• Ok, on my report, I used a Datasource and I created a new one that calls the Table InventDim. I did the same thing on my new View, and when I checked it, it's completly empty, only 3 fields appear and even these fields are empty. Amongs these fields none of them is the one I want. What can I do now? Maybe I didn't configure my View has I should have, is it possible to create a view that will call the elements that are on my report so I can really see what's going on with that report because some of the elements that where used there use a display method and it will be too long for me if I have to do it from scratch on my view.

• I did a View, and the datas now appear in that view, what can I do for the same data to appear in my modify report? Please it's quite urgent.

• create a query on this view and use this as your data source in report. This will Do

• I created a new datasource on my report, and I called my View on this datasource. But despite that, the column remains empty.

Certainly I did something wrong, I don't know exactly what. When you said I sould create a query on this view what did you exactly mean? Because I think I did exactly what you said.

• Please check assetBasis,AssetBookMerge ,AssetDepBook reports. One of them used a view as data source when i done it long time back.