Question Status

Verified
IRodman asked a question on 21 Jun 2013 12:58 AM

Hello all,

I have a AX report I'm working on, in fact I am modifying an existing one by adding a new field. I'm calling that field from another Table, but before that I added that Table into the Datasource, I created a relationship between the 2 tables and I did everything I was supposed to do. Now there is a new Column (Field) in my Report with the name of the Field I called from that table, the only problem is that the whole column is empty while when I open the table there is data in it. I don't understand what's going on, did I miss something? If yes what?

Thanks for your help.

PS: The column I am talking about is the Quantity column, the second quanity that is empty.

Verified Answer
Dominic Lee responded on 21 Jun 2013 1:27 AM

Hi,

I assume you are working on a query data source.

Try create a view base on the query, do the data show in the view?

kind regards,

Dominic Lee

My blog | PBC

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
Dominic Lee responded on 21 Jun 2013 1:27 AM

Hi,

I assume you are working on a query data source.

Try create a view base on the query, do the data show in the view?

kind regards,

Dominic Lee

My blog | PBC

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

IRodman responded on 21 Jun 2013 2:40 AM

I am working on AX 2009 by the way and I am not sure I understand what you mean by create a view, Do you mean like this AOT -> Data Dictionary -> View - > My_View_Name ?

Dominic Lee responded on 21 Jun 2013 2:53 AM

Yes. The idea is to check whether the query works as you expected.

kind regards,

Dominic Lee

My blog | PBC

IRodman responded on 21 Jun 2013 3:57 AM

Ok, on my report, I used a Datasource and I created a new one that calls the Table InventDim. I did the same thing on my new View, and when I checked it, it's completly empty, only 3 fields appear and even these fields are empty. Amongs these fields none of them is the one I want. What can I do now? Maybe I didn't configure my View has I should have, is it possible to create a view that will call the elements that are on my report so I can really see what's going on with that report because some of the elements that where used there use a display method and it will be too long for me if I have to do it from scratch on my view.

IRodman responded on 21 Jun 2013 9:12 AM

I did a View, and the datas now appear in that view, what can I do for the same data to appear in my modify report? Please it's quite urgent.

venkatesh vadlamani responded on 23 Jun 2013 12:45 PM

create a query on this view and use this as your data source in report. This will Do

IRodman responded on 24 Jun 2013 3:40 AM

I created a new datasource on my report, and I called my View on this datasource. But despite that, the column remains empty.

Certainly I did something wrong, I don't know exactly what. When you said I sould create a query on this view what did you exactly mean? Because I think I did exactly what you said.

venkatesh vadlamani responded on 24 Jun 2013 9:14 AM

Please check assetBasis,AssetBookMerge ,AssetDepBook reports. One of them used a view as data source when i done it long time back.