Question Status

Verified
Zvika Rimalt asked a question on 30 Jun 2013 1:06 AM

For products, it is possible to make receiving mandatory by selecting "Receiving Requirement" checkbox on the Inventory Model Group.

Is it possible to achieve the same for procurement categories?

Meaning - create a purchase order line, and put on the line only a procurement category without selecting a product, and still make receiving mandatory?

Zvika Rimalt * Dynamics AX Business Analyst/Functional Consultant * Vancouver, BC, Canada

Verified Answer
antoine.leblanc responded on 30 Jun 2013 3:07 AM

Yes, you need to add a rule in your Purchasing policies.(Procurement / Setup / Policies / Purchasing policies)

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 30 Jun 2013 1:51 AM

Hi Zvika,

This is standard not possible as the categories represent a "service" without an item. If you place an order for "tv-commercial" you cannot receive it.

In this case you need to create an item. It can be a service item or non-stocked.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 30 Jun 2013 1:51 AM

Hi Zvika,

This is standard not possible as the categories represent a "service" without an item. If you place an order for "tv-commercial" you cannot receive it.

In this case you need to create an item. It can be a service item or non-stocked.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
antoine.leblanc responded on 30 Jun 2013 3:07 AM

Yes, you need to add a rule in your Purchasing policies.(Procurement / Setup / Policies / Purchasing policies)

Zvika Rimalt responded on 30 Jun 2013 10:04 AM

Thanks Antoine - per your advice I found it on the "Category Policy Rules"

Andre - we are actually planning to use "category" purchasing for tangible items, since we do not keep inventory, and out items are mostly a "one time items".

Are you aware of any constrain that will prevent us from doing so?

Zvika Rimalt * Dynamics AX Business Analyst/Functional Consultant * Vancouver, BC, Canada

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 30 Jun 2013 12:16 PM

Hi Zvika,

Antoine is right. I understood before that this policy setting only was applicable for the products belonging to that category. Just tested and works. Even the three way match!

When using items you have the advantage of using the trade agreements and other product related setup. But as you said most of them are "one time items" the trade agreements is not valid in this case. But you might benefit from standardizing dimensions.

Constraints on using items: setup model groups should be correct.

kind regards,