Question Status

Verified
MikeG313 asked a question on 30 Jun 2013 9:40 PM

I am trying to setup Power View with AX now that SQL 2012 CU4 supports power view with multidimensional models.  According to technet documentation, the 'Power View Reports' document library should automatically be deployed in enterprise portal.

Technet documentation:

To create a data source

1. Go to the Power View Reports folder of your Enterprise Portal site. The URL for this folder is typically http://<SharePointServerName>/sites/DynamicsAX/Power%20View%20Reports.

NoteNote

Data source connections are created automatically when you deploy role center pages to Enterprise Portal. You can browse the Power View Reports folder to see the data source connections that already exist. For information about creating and deploying role center pages, see How to: Create a Role Center.

There is no 'Power View Reports' document library or existing data source connections when I deploy the default enterprise portal setup. I can verify that they do exist on the Contoso VPC but I cannot seem to duplicate the setup.  

Here is an example from the Contoso VM:

Do I need to create the document library and data sources manually on my implementation?

Dick Wenning responded on 1 Jul 2013 1:13 AM

www.slideshare.net/.../embedding-powerview-dashboards-in-dynamics-ax-2012

Kind regards, 

Kaya Solutions

Dick Wenning

+31 6 147 989 53 

Landjuweel 5

3905 PE - Veenendaal

OTHER CONTACT INFORMATION

Mohammed Aurang responded on 7 Jul 2013 1:29 PM

Did you find a solution stuck at same...

Zahid Khan responded on 28 Aug 2013 1:14 AM

Anbody found solution to this? Please help

Sally Erickson responded on 30 Aug 2013 7:41 AM

Have you installed AX CU6?  You may need to redeploy some page definitions and generate incremental CIL. Please see the steps listed in the prerequisite section here: technet.microsoft.com/.../jj933492.aspx.

Hope this helps!

Sally

Zahid Khan responded on 2 Sep 2013 1:50 PM

Hi Sally,

I have Installed CU6 Compiled, Generated incremental CIL.  

My and  MikeG313 have same issue. I don't see the report data source in Power View Reports Library. I also created the Power View Reports Library manually.

Do we need to create the document library and data sources manually?  Did I miss anything while deploying EP?

Verified Answer
Sally Erickson responded on 3 Sep 2013 12:23 PM

I believe the document library is created automatically when you deploy the PowerViewDataSourceGeneratorPV page definition.  I believe this also deploys the data sources for the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, GL, and Sales cubes.  (To connect to the other cubes, you'll need to create a data source manually, as documented here: technet.microsoft.com/.../jj933492.aspx).

Sorry I wasn't able to help you resolve your issue,

Sally

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Afsar Khan responded on 17 Sep 2013 10:18 AM

You can recreate/deploy datasource by deploying \Web\Web Files\Page Definitions\PowerViewDataSourceGeneratorPV page definition. For detail, see following link

mafsarkhan.blogspot.com/.../install-and-configure-power-view-for.html

Mustafa-Chohan responded on 24 Jul 2014 3:27 PM

I am trying to deploy PowerViewDataSourceGeneratorPV , but neither it creates the Power View Library nor any Data Source. I am able to create Data Source manually and able to add Power View reports to EP Pages..

Any advise ?

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Afsar Khan responded on 24 Jul 2014 4:15 PM

Did you follow my other post to setup powerview? TechNet documentation is not covering everything, as far I remember I got same error due to not configure SQL PowerPovit tool. also open Dynamics AX and check following method exist or not, if not, you have create a new method:

\Classes\SrsReportHelper

public static void removeFromCache(str key)

{

key = strLwr(key);

if (SrsReportHelper::existsInCache(key))

{

classFactory.lastValueDelete('', '', UtilElementType::Enum, key);

}

}

Verified Answer
Sally Erickson responded on 3 Sep 2013 12:23 PM

I believe the document library is created automatically when you deploy the PowerViewDataSourceGeneratorPV page definition.  I believe this also deploys the data sources for the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, GL, and Sales cubes.  (To connect to the other cubes, you'll need to create a data source manually, as documented here: technet.microsoft.com/.../jj933492.aspx).

Sorry I wasn't able to help you resolve your issue,

Sally

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Afsar Khan responded on 17 Sep 2013 10:18 AM

You can recreate/deploy datasource by deploying \Web\Web Files\Page Definitions\PowerViewDataSourceGeneratorPV page definition. For detail, see following link

mafsarkhan.blogspot.com/.../install-and-configure-power-view-for.html

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Afsar Khan responded on 24 Jul 2014 4:15 PM

Did you follow my other post to setup powerview? TechNet documentation is not covering everything, as far I remember I got same error due to not configure SQL PowerPovit tool. also open Dynamics AX and check following method exist or not, if not, you have create a new method:

\Classes\SrsReportHelper

public static void removeFromCache(str key)

{

key = strLwr(key);

if (SrsReportHelper::existsInCache(key))

{

classFactory.lastValueDelete('', '', UtilElementType::Enum, key);

}

}