Question Status

Verified
Best ERP asked a question on 3 Jul 2013 12:38 AM

hi. i want to create a sales order. when i want to select serial number, i want AX automatically select the batch number that is related to this serial number that i see on on-hand inventory of product. can anyone help me?

Verified Answer
Rachit Garg responded on 3 Jul 2013 7:08 AM

Hi,

There is no direct relation between Serial and Batch Numbers. These are generated based on setup of serial and batch number groups.

All the combination of inventory dimensions are stored in InventDim table and every combination has a unique InventDimID to identify the values of different dimensions. U can refer to a nice blog here:

basicax.blogspot.in/.../ax2012-understanding-inventdimid.html

I feel in your case serial numbers are unique. If this is the case you can find the InventDim table record for this serial number and then u can get the batch number of that inventDim record.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rachit Garg

Thanks,

Rachit Garg

Verified Answer
Rachit Garg responded on 3 Jul 2013 7:08 AM

Hi,

There is no direct relation between Serial and Batch Numbers. These are generated based on setup of serial and batch number groups.

All the combination of inventory dimensions are stored in InventDim table and every combination has a unique InventDimID to identify the values of different dimensions. U can refer to a nice blog here:

basicax.blogspot.in/.../ax2012-understanding-inventdimid.html

I feel in your case serial numbers are unique. If this is the case you can find the InventDim table record for this serial number and then u can get the batch number of that inventDim record.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rachit Garg

Thanks,

Rachit Garg

David Moodie responded on 3 Jul 2013 12:36 PM

Agreed, there is no forced hierarchy between serial number and batch number as with site and warehouse. However, with serial number control turned on, a developer could find the batch no from serial no.

Best ERP responded on 7 Jul 2013 1:22 AM

Thanks Rachit Garg for your answer. I think you are right :)