Question Status

Suggested Answer
Miarantsoa asked a question on 5 Jul 2013 8:12 AM

Hello,

In AR parameters / updates / Tax exempt number requirement  I put domestic +EU member states. In tab dialog it says : select the countries/ régions where a tax exempt number is required before making out an invoice.

I do not have a tax exempt number to one Customer, but I manage to post an invoice on this Customer via the project module.

Is it the standard way of Ax ?

Do anyone can help me concerning this setup ?

I would like to do this field of tax exempt number only mandatory for Customer when I want to post an invoice.

Thank you.

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 5 Jul 2013 9:05 AM

Hi Miarantsoa,

When the Tax exempt number requirement is enabled for invoices the check (within projects) should be performed at the time of creating the invoice proposal. You can check if this still works in your environment. If the proposal is created and then this setting will be enabled, AX is not cheching at time of posting the invoice itself.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 5 Jul 2013 11:48 AM

It is based upon the country code settings of the address of the customer - can you check this is configured correctly?

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 5 Jul 2013 9:05 AM

Hi Miarantsoa,

When the Tax exempt number requirement is enabled for invoices the check (within projects) should be performed at the time of creating the invoice proposal. You can check if this still works in your environment. If the proposal is created and then this setting will be enabled, AX is not cheching at time of posting the invoice itself.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 5 Jul 2013 11:48 AM

It is based upon the country code settings of the address of the customer - can you check this is configured correctly?

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.