Question Status

Suggested Answer
wolfenergy asked a question on 15 Jul 2013 5:20 PM

Hello All,

I created a workflow l but keep getting an error message in my wokrflow history.

Stopped (error): X++ Exception: Work item could not be created. Insufficient rights for user john.

at SysWorkflowWorkItem-create

SysWorkflowWorkItem-createWorkItems

SysWorkflow-save

SysWorkflowQueue-resume

That workflow is only working if the user john has "System Admin" rights.

What permission is missing here?  I would appreciate any help.

Kaushik Ramakrishna responded on 15 Jul 2013 6:36 PM

You need to give privileges related to that workflow..what workflow are you trying to run here?

wolfenergy responded on 15 Jul 2013 6:57 PM

We assign the user all security roles except system admin and it still does not work.

The workflow is accounts payable workflow for vendor invoice.  Thank you!

Kaushik Ramakrishna responded on 15 Jul 2013 10:15 PM

Add the above two highlighted privileges to the role and it should work. Good Luck!

wolfenergy responded on 16 Jul 2013 9:39 AM

Kaushik, thanks for your suggestion. I tried and it failed again. Here is what I did.

I recreate user permission:

Add AX pre-defined roles: Buying agent, Purchasing agent/manager, employee, system user

Add a new role which have the following privileges(the first two are what you suggested)

:

Again, thanks for your help.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 17 Jul 2013 12:22 AM

Hi,

In stead of the privilege 'Approve vendor invoice task' you need to add the duty VendInvoiceVendorInvoiceApprove ("Approve vendor invoices") within your role.

Check the license type of the role after adding this duty. The type might have been raised.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

WHJ responded on 14 Sep 2013 11:48 AM

Hi wolfenergy

Have you solve the issue? i having the same issue with yours. all the roles besie sys admin are not able to approve the vend invoice...i even added suggested privileges and duties also can't solve it...Please help.

Pradeepkumar Pachamuthu responded on 8 Oct 2013 4:11 PM

Any solutions for it?

KOD responded on 20 Oct 2013 3:36 AM

Hi,

How to provide permissions for the AR Module workflow...! i added the menuitems in AR->setup-> workflow forms but when workflow is submitted for approval then it’s not showing submit button and sometimes yellow ribbon/band is also not appearing and getting an error insufficient permissions for the workitem.

How to overcome from this issues in workflow...!

Regards,

Ashok

Muhammad Amir Azam responded on 29 Dec 2013 9:59 PM

Any Solution?

Pradeepkumar Pachamuthu responded on 29 Dec 2013 10:42 PM

@Muhammed : If you are facing permission issue then I suggest you to make sure that you have permissions to all objects which is linked with Workflow types and workflow approval.

zeeshan shaikh responded on 9 Jan 2014 12:37 AM

I have resolved this issue by giving the permission on SQL SERVER DB> Properties> permission.

Sebastian2049 responded on 24 Feb 2014 1:30 PM

Hi zeeshan

I can tell you some more details about the solution to the problem? Permissions based on data table.

Maybe if you show me some better pictures.

Thank you very much!

regards,

Sebastian

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Danish responded on 1 Dec 2014 7:17 AM

Can any one send me any document for workflow creation In ax2012 r3

If possible the please email me on danishimtiaz1989@gmail.com

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Danish responded on 1 Dec 2014 7:17 AM

Can any one send me any document for workflow creation In ax2012 r3

If possible the please email me on danishimtiaz1989@gmail.com