Question Status

Suggested Answer
Hector Cazot asked a question on 19 Jul 2013 3:24 PM

Hello everybody!

I would like to know if it is possible, and where-how to work this situation in AX 2012.

I have a resource group of 5 resources, a production order was scheduled to be finished by the 5 resources, but when I'm about to start the order, for whatever reason it is decided that this particular order will be produced using only 3 of the 5 resources.

Therefore I should have those 3 resources occupied longer time, and the other two free of capacity if nothing else is assigned to them.

What should I do to reflect this in AX?

Many thanks!

Héctor

Suggested Answer
chanstevens responded on 15 Nov 2013 10:20 AM

On the route record, there should be a value for resource quantity you can edit. It's probably showing 5, change to 3, then redo operations and job scheduling.

Murilo Oliveira responded on 20 Jul 2013 11:16 AM

Hi Hector,

The scenario above is possible in AX. You should work with job scheduling. And you should consult capacity reserve to view as AX has scheduled resources.

Regards,

Murilo Oliveira

Hector Cazot responded on 21 Jul 2013 5:13 PM

Thanks again Murilo, yes I'm working with job scheduling, but AX is scheduling the total quantity of the order using the 5 resources, which is fine for me as the first approach.

But I want to let two of them absolutely free and do the scheduling in just the other 3 resources at the moment the production order is going to start.

What should be done to achieve this? I try with manufacturing execution system, I thought I moved on job from one resource to other with the Edit Job List form, but when going back to the production order, and saw the gantt, the 5 resources were still there fully occupied.

Suggested Answer
chanstevens responded on 15 Nov 2013 10:20 AM

On the route record, there should be a value for resource quantity you can edit. It's probably showing 5, change to 3, then redo operations and job scheduling.