Question Status

Verified
Striker asked a question on 30 Jul 2013 9:06 AM

We have consultant who need access almost any resource in our AX 2012, i do not want to give him any chance to modify. How can i create a read only user account? Thanks for help in front.

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 3 Aug 2013 4:21 PM

Hi Striker,

I have done this several times. I just decided to write a blog about this. See this link: www.kaya-consulting.com/.../ax2012-how-to-create-a-read-only-security-role-walkthrough

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
zeeshan shaikh responded on 3 Aug 2013 5:54 PM

Hello Striker,

you have to create separate "security roles" for read only rights (one by one) on administration's setup.

Please mark correct, if you think it will resolve your issue.

Thanks

Suggested Answer
Kent Carstens responded on 31 Jul 2013 2:53 PM

Setup a user account with view only permissions and give that user to the consultant.  Exclude development permissions.

Regards.

Suggested Answer
Kent Carstens responded on 31 Jul 2013 2:53 PM

Setup a user account with view only permissions and give that user to the consultant.  Exclude development permissions.

Regards.

Striker responded on 1 Aug 2013 7:50 AM

Hi Kent, thanks for reply my question. We use AX 2012 CU3, i assign role to users in order to give them right permission. I can not find any view only role. When you mentioned view only permission, do you mean a new role need to be setup or it come with AX 2012? Thank you.

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 3 Aug 2013 4:21 PM

Hi Striker,

I have done this several times. I just decided to write a blog about this. See this link: www.kaya-consulting.com/.../ax2012-how-to-create-a-read-only-security-role-walkthrough

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
zeeshan shaikh responded on 3 Aug 2013 5:54 PM

Hello Striker,

you have to create separate "security roles" for read only rights (one by one) on administration's setup.

Please mark correct, if you think it will resolve your issue.

Thanks

lally responded on 4 Aug 2013 12:29 AM

Hi Andre & ZEESHAN for your answers to above post .

This post really helped me alot  and clear about the roles.

I have one question , how to enable or disable the access of Functional modules to users in AX 2012?

Forexample : General ledger , Budget , AP , AR , Fixed Assets.

In a company we have 5 users . When they login to AX application they need to view only specific module only . Rest of the module should not view.

could you share me the path or screen shot above requirement .?

zeeshan shaikh responded on 4 Aug 2013 4:29 AM

there are plenty of security roles for all modules and every modules are associated with each others like if we raise PO inventory and GL module is hit so you have to set your own roles from given security roles.

please mark correct if you get the solution. Thanks

Striker responded on 27 Aug 2013 12:36 PM

Hi Andre, follow your blog i did created the read only role. It works perfect. Thank you so so much. Sorry for reply back late.