Question Status

Verified
Ronald Richter asked a question on 16 Aug 2013 12:17 AM

Hi all,

I can sucessfully import main accounts using the "MainAccount" entity.

In Addition to the level of main accounts "Chart of accounts" I'd like to Import data per legal entity (companies). Any idea how this can be done?

Kind regards

Ronald

Best Regards

Ronald Richter

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 17 Aug 2013 2:57 PM

Hi Ronald,

The company specific fields are included in the MainAccount entity. These field are handled by a method 'GenerateMainAccountLegalEntity' as you can see in the target mapping. I'm not sure if an option is missing.

Without creating a new entity for company specific fieds, you can use the MainAccount entity again and change the company before copying the data to the target.

Then the MainAccount itself will be updated (or leave these fields blank) and the data per legal entity should be imported into the correct company.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 17 Aug 2013 2:57 PM

Hi Ronald,

The company specific fields are included in the MainAccount entity. These field are handled by a method 'GenerateMainAccountLegalEntity' as you can see in the target mapping. I'm not sure if an option is missing.

Without creating a new entity for company specific fieds, you can use the MainAccount entity again and change the company before copying the data to the target.

Then the MainAccount itself will be updated (or leave these fields blank) and the data per legal entity should be imported into the correct company.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Ronald Richter responded on 4 Sep 2013 1:40 AM

Hi André,

thanks a lot for your hint. It helped.

IImportant: the flag "Run Business validations" has to be set - otherwise the data will not be inserted in the MainAccountLegalEntity table.

best regards

Ronald

Best Regards

Ronald Richter

Roberto Ruiz Gimeno responded on 24 Oct 2013 10:03 AM

Also you need to charge the field COAType with value Yes into the source file to force the creation/modification of values in MainAccountLegalEntity.

Also works with dimensions.

Best regards,

Roberto Ruiz