Question Status

Verified
Karsten Rasch-Adamsen asked a question on 16 Aug 2013 4:10 AM

Hi All,

I am using DIEF and the Customer entity for migrating customer data into AX2012.

In my installation I have several custom fields on CustTable but they do not appear in the staging-to-target mapping. It seems that the table DMFTargetXML defines all the fields in target tables but it holds no entries related to my custom fields.

The query DMFCustomerTargetEntity has CustTable as datasource and it contains all my custom fields (forced by flipping the 'Dynamic' property on the Fields-node).

What is the procedure for updating an existing entity with custom fields?

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 17 Aug 2013 2:49 PM

Hi Karsten,

If you open the form Modify target mapping, you can click the button 'Mapping Details'. At the top, you have the option 'Generate mapping'. Click this button for (re)generate the fields and mappings. You will then have the option to start from scratch or only look for the changes.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Karsten Rasch-Adamsen responded on 22 Aug 2013 1:14 AM

Hi André,

This solved the problem. Thank you very much!

BR Karsten

Alexey L. responded on 20 Jan 2014 5:54 AM

Hi, Andre.

Nice try :) But it didn't solve the problem for me.

In "mapping details", even after regeneration, the customized fields are not there. When trying to add one manually (pressing "New"), I see all the customized fields at the dropdown of "Target field" column, but none of them at dropdown of "Staging field", so that, basically, I'm unable to match these fields. Any idea about how I can add these custom fields to the staging table?

Best regards,

Alexey.
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 20 Jan 2014 6:01 AM

Hi Alexey,

Did you add the new fields in your Staging table? You have to do this manually if the entity already exists. Did you use the same fieldname as the target? Please check this first.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Alexey L. responded on 20 Jan 2014 6:26 AM

Ok, it's fixed now. You have to go to AOT and add the fields to the table named whatever the "Staging table" name is, and then regenerate. Thank you.

Best regards,

Alexey.

Trisha responded on 18 Feb 2014 9:48 AM

Hello,

Can either of you help me to find the staging table so I can add my custom fields. I've added custom fields to the InventTable and need to do an import now. Any idea what the staging table is called so I can add the same fields there?

Thanks!

Trisha

Trisha responded on 18 Feb 2014 11:22 AM

Nevermind, I found the tables, they all start with DMF. Thanks!

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 18 Feb 2014 11:37 AM

Hi Trisha,

You can also lookup the name of the staging table in the target entities form. In this form you will also see the object names of the target query and entity helper class.

kind regards,

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 17 Aug 2013 2:49 PM

Hi Karsten,

If you open the form Modify target mapping, you can click the button 'Mapping Details'. At the top, you have the option 'Generate mapping'. Click this button for (re)generate the fields and mappings. You will then have the option to start from scratch or only look for the changes.

kind regards,