Question Status

Unanswered
A. K. asked a question on 22 Aug 2013 4:33 AM

Hello

When i am doing a payment journal , i want to generate a document (word excel or pdf) as a Transfer Fund Request , that i can send to the bank in the specific format. 

after research i found that the FUNCTION >> GENERATE PAYMENT in the Payment Journal can do that, but i don't know how to configure or format the already existing documents in the format that i need. 

is there a step by step document that i can help me configure and format these forms as i wish? 

your feedback is greatly appreciated 

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 22 Aug 2013 6:37 AM

Hi Abdo,

The generate payment function will normally create files for transferring payment information to your bank. It is not designed for generating documents.

Do you really need a document, or do you want to have it in a file format that meet the requirments of your bank? Which format are u using?

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

A. K. responded on 26 Aug 2013 3:59 AM

The generate payment function will normally create files for transferring payment information to your bank.

dear andre

that is exactly what i need , do you have a step by step to configure these files to be issued in a certain format?

your feedback is greatly appreciated

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 26 Aug 2013 12:17 PM

Hi Abdo,

When you open the form Methods of Payment from the setup section in accounts payable, on the tab File Formats there is a button 'Setup'.

If you click this one, you can see if your local file format is supported by AX out of the box.

Otherwise take a look at this thread for creating an own format: community.dynamics.com/.../109299.aspx

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

A. K. responded on 7 Oct 2013 7:23 AM

Thank you for your feedback,

I am looking at the class , but how can i see it visually so i can modify it

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 9 Oct 2013 5:26 AM

Hi Abdo,

Can you explain your question please?

kind regards,

A. K. responded on 9 Oct 2013 7:11 AM

I mean , from the link you gave me , after i extend to these two classes

how can i modify this report visually , using Visual studio or another reporting tool?

thank you for your feedback

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 9 Oct 2013 7:46 AM

Hi Abdo,

This depends on your version of AX. AX2012 works natively with SQL Server Reporting Services. These reports will be created/customized in Visual Studio.

Prior to version AX2012 you can develop reports in the AOT. AX had his own report writer.

kind regards,