Starting a career with Microsoft Dynamics AX

This question has suggested answer(s)

I want  to start a career with Microsoft Dynamics AX tech. world. Presently i am working with SharePoint 2010 technology as Sr. Developer. Is this new career will boost me in IT? Kindly give any suggestion?

All Replies
  • Dynamics AX is an area of expertise in high demand currently, but it is also a product with tremendous depth , breadth,  and complexity.  If you are willing to invest and dedicate in your AX skill set, it can be very rewarding, but it is probably not a tree with many low-hanging fruit.

If you're serious, I highly recommend that you start with Inside Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 by Microsoft Press as a "getting started" manual.  Download the AX 2012 demonstration Virtual Machine and begin to explore the product, especially if your interest lies in development or other strong technical area of expertise.  Approach every experience from the perspective of a business process, and understand how each process flows into all of the others.  Taking a larger picture on what AX does is the key to being useful to a company that is trying to implement the product.

Good luck!