Consolidate posted Credit Note into One Credit Note (AX2012)

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi All,

I have a scenario:

I have posted a credit note with wrong quantity. After I revised the credit note and post it again, i will have 2 invoice number.

Is it possible to consolidate 2 credit note into one? Please help

Thanks.

Zee

All Replies
  • No it is not possible. You have a posted legal document with a unique identifier, you will have to have "undone" this with an invoice depending upon how you processed it, and the second credit note remains - you would apply the correction to the original to close it off. What you cannot do is combine two posted transactions into one new one - it is posted.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• What do you mean "undone" this with an invoice depending upon how you processed it?

• Undone through adding a line to the invoice, adjusting with miscellaneous charges, creating a financial entry, processing a sales return and crediting etc etc - depends how you are now adjusting the error.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.