Question Status

Suggested Answer
Zye asked a question on 30 Aug 2013 5:28 AM

Hi All,

I have a scenario:

I have posted a credit note with wrong quantity. After I revised the credit note and post it again, i will have 2 invoice number.

Is it possible to consolidate 2 credit note into one? Please help

Thanks.

Zee

Suggested Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 30 Aug 2013 11:26 AM

No it is not possible. You have a posted legal document with a unique identifier, you will have to have "undone" this with an invoice depending upon how you processed it, and the second credit note remains - you would apply the correction to the original to close it off. What you cannot do is combine two posted transactions into one new one - it is posted.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 30 Aug 2013 11:26 AM

No it is not possible. You have a posted legal document with a unique identifier, you will have to have "undone" this with an invoice depending upon how you processed it, and the second credit note remains - you would apply the correction to the original to close it off. What you cannot do is combine two posted transactions into one new one - it is posted.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Zye responded on 31 Aug 2013 9:53 PM

What do you mean "undone" this with an invoice depending upon how you processed it?

Steven Weaver responded on 1 Sep 2013 5:51 AM

Undone through adding a line to the invoice, adjusting with miscellaneous charges, creating a financial entry, processing a sales return and crediting etc etc - depends how you are now adjusting the error.