AX 2012 R2 CU6 product imports using Data Import/Export Framework

This question has suggested answer(s)

Good morning - we are running into an issue with using DIEF to import in products into our AX database. We have found that once an import is run, certain fields will not update with values, if you run the import a second time, with updated data in the source file - even if the product does not have any transactional data.

For instance - If we import a Product record and in the source data, Sales Price is not established (meaning we have left the InventTableModuleSales_Price column blank) once the record is created, I am not able to change the Sales Price in the source file and re-run the import to populate the value. I have to delete the Released Product Record as well as the Product record and re-run the import from there.

Has anyone else come across this issue with migrating product data?

All Replies
  • Hi Mike,

I wanted to check this in an own environment, but there is some data corruption on DIEF. You can eventually use the debugger to find out what is happening at time of updating the records.

The mehtod 'setTargetBuffer' of the class DMFInventTableEntityClass looks different from the class 'DMFAssetEntityClass.

Both the 'Items' and √Āssets' are using a target query with more than one table in the datasource. So these classes should be similar on the approach of handling the data.

I cannot check if this could be the problem at this time. Maybe this info can give you some ideas. I will try to get my environment work again as well.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

• Andre:

Thank you for the reply. Another thing I was thinking about was the fact that in Products, you have two layers - 1) Product/Product Master and 2) Released Products. When I import the initial load of data, Products are created as are Released Products. When a second load is done, could it be that the system cannot "release" the product again, therefore, not update the data on the Released Products form - such as Sales Price?

• Hi Mike,

It is an interesting thought. Normally this should have no impact when changing records from the DIEF framework. But you can try to delete the product field from the staging mapping or empty this field in the staging table.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

• Hi Mike,

I had the same Problem. But fortunately there ist already a hotfix from Microsoft available.

KB Article Number (s) : 2862682  

Location: ( hotfixv4.microsoft.com/.../464895_intl_i386_zip.exe

I hope it works.

Regards

Ronald

Best Regards

Ronald Richter

• HI Ronald,

I need to  import the HCM JOB and JOb description.

Table Names  :  HCMJob and HCMjob detail

First I have imported the JOB ID data using excel addin in the HCM job ,  next i need to import the description  in the HCMJOb details table with the JOB ID and desciptions , but that JOB ID is not showing in HCM Job detail table .

What is the reason ?

Do you any idea of how to import the JOB , JOB detail and Positions in AX 2012 ?

• Hi AXERP,

Please don't add replies with a different topic. Instead, create a new post.

kind regards,

• Ronald -

Thank you for the reply. We have applied the hot fix, but received errors during the CIL compile. Once we resolve that, I will let you know if this solved the issue.

Regards,

Mike Hidding