Question Status

Verified
Shaileshgaja asked a question on 9 Oct 2013 1:49 AM

Hi,

I am trying to run a safety stock journal to suggest me the safety stock, The create lines function won't work, am I doing something wrong here?

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 9 Oct 2013 4:32 AM

Hi,

Do you get any errors? If you have items where storage and/or dimension groups are not filled, you can get an error. Does you items have coverage settings? Which settings are used?

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Shaileshgaja responded on 10 Oct 2013 5:55 AM

The Client's Live environment has Coverage Code setup on Item as 'Requirement', Coverage period is 7, time fence is 100. The minimum is set to 60, item transactions exists for past 1 year.

The Microsoft VPC in Ax 2009 and Ax 2012 also do not calculate

I have successfully done it in Ax 2009, since coverage setups were already in place in one client's environment but not able to figure out in Ax 2012.

Verified Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 11 Oct 2013 3:47 AM

On an early release of AX2012 this did not work from memory. Which CU have you applied?

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Shaileshgaja responded on 17 Oct 2013 1:48 AM

I think I got the answer from your question.

I checked the customer version, none of any hf of fp are updated. Think this was first 2012 implementation in Middle East. The HF list released by MS has indeed the bug mentioned for Safety Stock Journal.

Thanks a lot

Verified Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 11 Oct 2013 3:47 AM

On an early release of AX2012 this did not work from memory. Which CU have you applied?

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.