Question Status

Suggested Answer
Julia Julia asked a question on 13 Oct 2013 11:21 AM

Hi,

Can you tell me if we can specify for some products who (users) can see them and who can't do it! for exemple i have tow saler, and each one works with some products, i don't want that the first one see the products of the second one? i'm using microsoft dynamics ax 2012.

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Oct 2013 11:53 AM

Hi Julia,

Out of the box there is no feature within the sales functionality to limit the number of products for users (sales clerks). Purchase requisitions has a functionality with help of product hierarchies and catalogs.

In this case you will need a customization to link products (product group or categories) to users. With help of eXtensible Data Security you can then limit the products based on setup.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Julia Julia responded on 13 Oct 2013 12:10 PM

Thanks for your answer, but i didn't undestand how to do it with the second solution?

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Oct 2013 12:30 PM

Hi Julia,

For having the products filtered you need to do two things:

- Define a customization how to link the sales persons to the products. This depends on your current setup but 'Item groups' or 'Category' might be something to link to users.

- Filter the products within one or more places in AX. You can do this with eXtensible Data Security (XDS) to prevent a lot of changes in several parts of AX. You can define a 'MyProducts' security policy which can filter the products based on a query (Sales person/Product link). Next to the products you can set some constrainted tables within the same policy. E.g. filter orders/lines, item transactions.

Information for XDS can be found on the internet. E.g. msdn.microsoft.com/.../hh272123.aspx

Hope this answer will help you further. If not, please let it know.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Oct 2013 11:53 AM

Hi Julia,

Out of the box there is no feature within the sales functionality to limit the number of products for users (sales clerks). Purchase requisitions has a functionality with help of product hierarchies and catalogs.

In this case you will need a customization to link products (product group or categories) to users. With help of eXtensible Data Security you can then limit the products based on setup.

kind regards,