Question Status

Suggested Answer
Daan asked a question on 15 Oct 2013 5:59 AM

Within my Euro company I have a USD bankaccount ledger. This ledger is marked as a monetary ledger. When we started with AX 2012, we made a general journal entry to book the opening balance on this ledger. After that first booking, we closed the ledger for manual entry.

When I run GL->Periodic->Foreign currency revaluation, the opening balance is revaluated as expected. However all (bank) journal entries that were made afterwards, are not revaluated. Is there an extra setting for revaluation of bank account ledgers?

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 17 Oct 2013 12:25 PM

Hi Daan,

Today I have checked the Russian localization for this feature. Next to Bank accounts in this localization there is also an entity called 'Cash accounts'. The revaluation is only available for the Cash accounts, not the Bank accounts.

So it is not standard supported in AX2012. We have decided to have this as a customization. I will also look on Microsoft Connect for existing suggestions. Otherwise I will create a new one.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 15 Oct 2013 6:41 AM

Hi Daan,

There is a bank revaluation in the Russian localization. You can try if this functionality is working for you. You can try to remove the country/region property which will restrict using the functionality in legal entities other than Russian.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

lally responded on 16 Oct 2013 12:23 AM

Hi Andre ,

You mentioned that  remove the country/region property . Could you explain where does we need to remove and which form ?

Could you explain in detail that process ?

Thanks in advance.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 16 Oct 2013 7:58 AM

Hi Lally,

A fair question. The 'CountryRegionCodes' property can  be used on tables, extended data types, base enums (also the values), form controls and menu-items. This is all handled in the AOT.

Removing is simple, but in this case you have to find out first which elements for the bank revaluation does have this property filled. Is it not desirable to delete all Russian country/region codes. In some cases adding other countries is better.

We have to find out as well about this functionality as it is requested at a customer. But first we will evaluate the functionality from a Russian demonstration company. We will not start finding out before this functionality appears to be useful for our customer. So unfortunately I don't have a list with all elements available as of today.

kind regards,

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 17 Oct 2013 12:25 PM

Hi Daan,

Today I have checked the Russian localization for this feature. Next to Bank accounts in this localization there is also an entity called 'Cash accounts'. The revaluation is only available for the Cash accounts, not the Bank accounts.

So it is not standard supported in AX2012. We have decided to have this as a customization. I will also look on Microsoft Connect for existing suggestions. Otherwise I will create a new one.

kind regards,

lally responded on 5 Apr 2014 12:53 AM

Hi Andre ,

a) What is the difference between the Cash account Vs main account ?

b) What would be work around for the foreign revaluation of bank ?

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 5 Apr 2014 8:21 AM

Hi Lally,

I never search for a workaround as in the cases where it was needed, we enabled the Russian features.

The entitiy 'Cash account' in the Russian localization is like the 'Bank accounts'. It is a sub ledger for your main accounts.

kind regards,

lally responded on 5 Apr 2014 8:45 AM

Thank for the help ,

We also need to the revaluation of bank accounts  functionality for the countries AUS , Japan , India .

What would be your suggestion ?

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 6 Apr 2014 1:34 PM

Hi Lally,

You can first look into the Russian features. If you have the demo VM for AX2012R2, there is a Russian legal entity.  You can also setup your own company using the country code for Russia to have this feature enabled.

When it fully complies with your requirements, you can remove some Country/Region restrictions from the objects used. Please don't ask which as I don't have this list.

If it is not what you are looking for, you can try to look for other options, like manual postings.

kind regards,

lally responded on 6 Apr 2014 9:06 PM

Thank you for the reply,.

Could i know that how to post the manual postings , i mean please explain the entries ?

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 6 Apr 2014 10:40 PM

Hi Lally,

First a quick other note:

I read my older posts above. At first I could not find the revaluation for bank accounts in the Russion localization, but I overlooked something then.  It is avaiable.

I have never looked into doing the manual postings for currency revaluation on bank accounts. So I can't tell you the answer. For my customer the functionality worked almost OK, they only needed a simulation option in addition. This one is built now and works.

kind regards,