Question Status

Suggested Answer
munsifuv asked a question on 21 Oct 2013 2:29 AM

How to install Dynamics AX 2012 on win 7 home premium edition on single laptop.

Suggested Answer
Francisco Silva responded on 21 Oct 2013 6:22 AM

You can try this:

dynamicsuser.net/.../196955.aspx

At this page you can find some informations that will help you, but i am not sure if it is possible!

Dont forget to mark this as answer!

Francisco Silva | | http://fsilvajunior.blogspot.com.br

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Suggested Answer
UMESH PANDIT responded on 21 Oct 2013 6:29 AM

Hi Munsifuv,

If your system is 64 Bit and  have RAM 8GB+ and HDD 750 GB+ then You can install the Vmware and inside with you can install the Windows Server 2012, (then run dcpromo to make AD), after which install SQL 2008 R2 or SQL 2012 and then finally AX 2012. (All software ISO can be downloaded from MS site)

For Win 7 home premium edition, if it was in AD early then we can have some work around.

All the best! :)

--

Thank you
Note - This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft.
Suggested Answer
Ali Raza Zaidi responded on 22 Oct 2013 12:18 AM

In install on Dynamics Ax 2012 on Win 7, excluding some option, I did not install the interpise portal witch required Share point server.  I install option in step by step Process. I did installation by following way.

1- Visual studio 2012 complete.

2-Sql server 2012 complete with all options.

3-Dynamics Ax 2012 installation select custom installation and one by one option.

1- Databases option run, resolve all prerequisite for it.

2- AOS option run, resolve all prerequisite for it.

3- Business intelligence options. and resolve.

4- Development tools. unchecked the remote desktop options.

5- Management Untilities. Uncheck the project server.

Suggested Answer
Francisco Silva responded on 21 Oct 2013 6:22 AM

You can try this:

dynamicsuser.net/.../196955.aspx

At this page you can find some informations that will help you, but i am not sure if it is possible!

Dont forget to mark this as answer!

Francisco Silva | | http://fsilvajunior.blogspot.com.br

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Suggested Answer
UMESH PANDIT responded on 21 Oct 2013 6:29 AM

Hi Munsifuv,

If your system is 64 Bit and  have RAM 8GB+ and HDD 750 GB+ then You can install the Vmware and inside with you can install the Windows Server 2012, (then run dcpromo to make AD), after which install SQL 2008 R2 or SQL 2012 and then finally AX 2012. (All software ISO can be downloaded from MS site)

For Win 7 home premium edition, if it was in AD early then we can have some work around.

All the best! :)

--

Thank you
Note - This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft.
munsifuv responded on 21 Oct 2013 11:21 PM

thanks, for suggesting helpful answer...

but i have 4gb ram,320gb hdd...i have tried installation of ax 2012 without domain account by using NT network Authority service ,,,but when installation is finished, even i have summary that every basic components (database,AOS, Client) installed successfully..but when i try to opened ax 2012,it gives me error "The Server is unavailable,Check your configuration and network Connection and try again"...

Rachit Garg responded on 21 Oct 2013 11:34 PM

If the installation was successful and you are getting the above error then make sure that the AOS service is running.It generally take time for the AOS service to start up after the first installation.

Thanks,

Rachit Garg

Thanks,

Rachit Garg

Visit my blog here

Suggested Answer
Ali Raza Zaidi responded on 22 Oct 2013 12:18 AM

In install on Dynamics Ax 2012 on Win 7, excluding some option, I did not install the interpise portal witch required Share point server.  I install option in step by step Process. I did installation by following way.

1- Visual studio 2012 complete.

2-Sql server 2012 complete with all options.

3-Dynamics Ax 2012 installation select custom installation and one by one option.

1- Databases option run, resolve all prerequisite for it.

2- AOS option run, resolve all prerequisite for it.

3- Business intelligence options. and resolve.

4- Development tools. unchecked the remote desktop options.

5- Management Untilities. Uncheck the project server.

munsifuv responded on 22 Oct 2013 2:28 AM

Thanks alot..but problem is still...because Dyamics Ax 2012 services are not installed on services ....means that there is no option of Dynamics in services to start ..