Time and Attendance Registration in AX 2009

This question is answered

Hi ,

I am using AX 2009. My client wants to configure shop floor control module for Time and attendance Registration. The requirement is like, there is an excel file that contains the in and out time of the employees with their employee id. The data has to be entered into AX in the night. So how do i integrate the excel file with AX?

Suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

Verified Answer
  • Why on earth dont you just use the time registrtation in AX? It is soooo easy to do it.

If you HAVE to integrate, you could put these in to JmgStampJournalTrans and JmgStampJournalTable. Disable the button to reset the transactions. You still need to set up the jobs for in and out, the time profiles and payment agreements.

The transactions will appear in the approve form (main forms in the shopfloor module)

Alternativly you can add them to jmgTermReg. This is the RAW data which auto generate the JmgStampJournalTrans and JmgStampJounalTable.

I would still urge you to use the standard functionality in AX. Did you know that there is a timesheet feature in Shopfloor?

Best of Luck!

All Replies
  • Why on earth dont you just use the time registrtation in AX? It is soooo easy to do it.

If you HAVE to integrate, you could put these in to JmgStampJournalTrans and JmgStampJournalTable. Disable the button to reset the transactions. You still need to set up the jobs for in and out, the time profiles and payment agreements.

The transactions will appear in the approve form (main forms in the shopfloor module)

Alternativly you can add them to jmgTermReg. This is the RAW data which auto generate the JmgStampJournalTrans and JmgStampJounalTable.

I would still urge you to use the standard functionality in AX. Did you know that there is a timesheet feature in Shopfloor?

Best of Luck!

• Thanks for the reply! . I was not aware that it can be done in this way. Thanks for the detailed reply.

• Hi. Can you post any links or any documents for configuring the Time and Attendance. i am new to AX and i couldnt find any document that explains the configuration of the same.

Thanks

• F1? J I used help to figure out how it worked.

I can give you a quick list of what you need to do to get it to work and the different elements that are needed.

1.       Create the basic system activities (Indirect activities)

These are used for referencing different types of profile events. Minimum is Clock in, Clock out and Wait.

Use the Wizard to create the jobs associated with these.

2.       Create Profiles

Profiles is the setup of clock in/out, standard work hours, paid and unpaid breaks and so on. This is the base line for the Payment agreements. Use the help feature which is pretty explanatory on this matter. (Remember that if someone clocks in on a Monday (even at 23:00) it will ONLY look at the time set on the Monday profile)

3.       Create Payment Types

These payment types are used in payroll.

4.       Create Payment agreements

This is the setup which generate payment based on the profile worked. I would urge you to keep the profiles and payment agreements to a minimum. You can limit any transaction in the payment agreements based on profile, indirect activites and more.

Time clocked on the terminals are put in to JmgTermReg which is the base for JmgStampJournal and JmgStampTrans.

JmgStampTrans looks in the JmgTermReg transactions and adds up the time for each activity registered.

JmgStampTrans is the ones used in approval end calculation forms to show you the total work.

There are a lot of cool features in the module that help organize an organizations time management needs like flexi time, holidays, absence and so on.

Profile groups are used for people working shifts. Profiles can be triggered based on the time that they clock in.

I would also urge you to check out the Job Planner if the customer has a lot of work planning shifts and so on. A pretty nice WYSIWYG editor for working with these. Profile Group override the profile of Job Planner.

Happy DAX exploring!

Maybe I will create a video on this for AX 2012 in the near future. J

• Also check out the Contoso template CEU.

• Thanks for the detailed reply :)