Refresh Updates in Load Balancing Environment

This question is answered

My environment has two AOS  instances pointing to one DB to implement LB. when I import an xpo by log into one AOS instance, the changes reflected right away. However later I login from another AOS, the changes don't show, no matter how many time I close and relogin to it. Is there a need to somehow "refresh" the second AOS?

Verified Answer
  • My pleasure, and glad to hear that it helped you.  Please mark as completed if it did so that it might help others in the future.

All Replies
  • The "easy" way to accomplish a refresh across multiple AOS is to import the model and/or XPO into one AOS, compile it, then do an incremental or full CIL (I prefer full as often as possible in a production environment).  Once all that is complete on the deployment AOS, restart all of the AOS to pull those changes into their operating code.  You can even monitor the xppIL directory under the Server folder and watch the files get deleted and re-downloaded from the database.

Supposedly you can use the Refresh options under Caches on the Development menu (refresh data, refresh dictionary, and refresh AOD), except that out of the box they only run on and refresh those things within the client and not on the AOS itself.  I have been playing with running these processes on the server, and they seem to work though you can take a severe performance hit doing a refresh AOD and/or refresh data on a production system during operating hours.  Note that this must of course be done on every AOS after deploying new code.  Also note that this problem can be experienced purely with data by changing parameters in a table marked to cache EntireTable, where other AOS will not ordinarily pick up the new record until a midnight automatic flush.

dynamics-ax.blogspot.com/.../flush-aos-cache-from-code.html

Good luck.

• Thanks Brandon, your guys are awesome! this is my first time to get support help so quickly and informative.

• My pleasure, and glad to hear that it helped you.  Please mark as completed if it did so that it might help others in the future.

• My learning notes:

1. import .xpos

2. compile

3. incremental or better full CIL

4. restart all AOSs(maybe other than the one doing the import?)

(this pull changes from DB into xppIL folder so that the AOS service can use)

P.S.

for data refresh, in Dev, tools->caches->refresh dictionary, data, and elements