error when Import data Item master from Excel Add-in to AX2012 " ... Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi all,

I have Office excel 2007 SP3 and Ms.Dynamics AX2012 R2 on my machine

I am trying to import some data to EcoResProduct, EcoResproductDimensiongroupproduct, EcoResproductidentifier and Inventtable, but when i go to Publish some data iv got an error like this

"An error occured. The data in the workbook and the behavior of any add-ins may not be correct.

Consider contacting your system administrator about this problem."

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

then i go to google and search for the solution :) . i found a page which is discussed about how to import Item/Product to AX2012 through Excell add-ins,http://ax2012exceldataimport.blogspot.com/2012/01/dynamics-ax-2012-products-import-using.html

seems this page have same steps with me on how to import data product/item through Excel add-ins ... but  unfortunatly its not working for me :(

Any suggestion ?? ..

Thanks For ur Help.

Regard

Husna

All Replies
  • the excel plug in uses the default ax configuration.

check if you are connected to the correct AOS.

• Please check the data which you are importing.

it seems you have not provided the data properly may be you are missing any reference field value.

Please try to study the data model of Product related tables

EcoResProduct, EcoResproductDimensiongroupproduct, EcoResproductidentifier and Inventtable

Please verify.

Please update with your feedback.

If this post helps you, Please verify this answer and earn Thank you Badge for yourself (Follow this link for more details https://community.dynamics.com/braggerbadges/badge/48.aspx)

Regards, NITESH RANAJN (PMP) | Dynamics AX Consultant

• Ok,.. thank u guys ...

• Hi Dick,...

Yes iv already connected to the correct AOS.

but anyway... i am already done import my data. :) Thanks