Question Status

Verified
QamarKhan asked a question on 11 Dec 2013 10:24 AM

Whenever I tried to install Retail components, they all install correctly except the 'Sync Service'.

After providing configuration details for retail components in the setup, the installation creates databases for Retail POS, but when it comes to creating a database for Synch service with a cmd screen opened, it gives an error and installation executes a rollback. Error says insance was not installed as expected contact your vendor.

I checked the SQL privileges for the user and make sure user had all of them.

It seems to me that the  problem occurs while creating or validating database for Commerce data exchange but these services were working fine on previously installation of mine with similar settings. Real time services installed correctly.

Log file text

MSI (s) (AC:08) [23:34:28:198]: Note: 1: 1708

MSI (s) (AC:08) [23:34:28:198]: Note: 1: 2205 2:  3: Error

MSI (s) (AC:08) [23:34:28:198]: Note: 1: 2228 2:  3: Error 4: SELECT `Message` FROM `Error` WHERE `Error` = 1708

MSI (s) (AC:08) [23:34:28:198]: Note: 1: 2205 2:  3: Error

MSI (s) (AC:08) [23:34:28:198]: Note: 1: 2228 2:  3: Error 4: SELECT `Message` FROM `Error` WHERE `Error` = 1709

MSI (s) (AC:08) [23:34:28:198]: Product: Microsoft Dynamics AX Commerce Data Exchange: Synch Service -- Installation failed.

MSI (s) (AC:08) [23:34:28:198]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Microsoft Dynamics AX Commerce Data Exchange: Synch Service. Product Version: 6.2.158.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Installation success or error status: 1603.

MSI (s) (AC:08) [23:34:28:214]: Deferring clean up of packages/files, if any exist

MSI (s) (AC:08) [23:34:28:214]: MainEngineThread is returning 1603

MSI (s) (AC:48) [23:34:28:229]: RESTART MANAGER: Session closed.

MSI (s) (AC:48) [23:34:28:229]: No System Restore sequence number for this installation.

=== Logging stopped: 12/10/2013  23:34:28 ===

MSI (s) (AC:48) [23:34:28:229]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0

MSI (s) (AC:48) [23:34:28:229]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0

MSI (s) (AC:48) [23:34:28:229]: Incrementing counter to disable shutdown. Counter after increment: 0

MSI (s) (AC:48) [23:34:28:229]: Note: 1: 1402 2: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Rollback\Scripts 3: 2

MSI (s) (AC:48) [23:34:28:229]: Note: 1: 1402 2: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Rollback\Scripts 3: 2

MSI (s) (AC:48) [23:34:28:229]: Decrementing counter to disable shutdown. If counter >= 0, shutdown will be denied.  Counter after decrement: -1

MSI (c) (34:F0) [23:34:28:229]: Decrementing counter to disable shutdown. If counter >= 0, shutdown will be denied.  Counter after decrement: -1

MSI (c) (34:F0) [23:34:28:245]: MainEngineThread is returning 1603

Verified Answer
Eyvindur Tryggvason responded on 11 Dec 2013 1:26 PM

Are you sure you have enough privileges to create the _MSG database on the destination SQL?  Have you tried that manually?

I you have an old install of SynchService or if you install it without configuring you will have a SQL script you can test (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Commerce Data Exchange\Synch Service\data\AXRETAILMSG.SQL) - see if you can run that through MgmtStudio.

QamarKhan responded on 11 Dec 2013 2:02 PM

Are you sure you have enough privileges to create the _MSG database on the destination SQL?  Have you tried that manually?

I you have an old install of SynchService or if you install it without configuring you will have a SQL script you can test (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Commerce Data Exchange\Synch Service\data\AXRETAILMSG.SQL) - see if you can run that through MgmtStudio.

---------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------

Yes I am logged in as Administrator and moreover, I have tried to create a database from sql mng studio and then later assign this to Sync services duting installation. But it didn't work. I have also installed Sync services without configuring them from the setup, but when I want to start the service through its settings it again fails to validate database.

From service setting if I gave name of new database it gives error that it failed to execute the generation of database script

and if I gave a name of an existing database it says error happend while validating database.

I installed it without configuring and have run sql script frm mnagt studio that you have address on a manually created database, it gives following error

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 4

Incorrect syntax near '%'.

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 2

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 8

Msg 1718, Level 16, State 1, Line 3

Change tracking must be enabled on database 'Commerce Data Exchange' before it can be enabled on table 'IncomingMessages'.

Msg 2714, Level 16, State 6, Line 2

There is already an object named 'SCMonitoringConfig' in the database.

Msg 22105, Level 16, State 1, Procedure GetDeltaMessages, Line 16

Change tracking is not enabled on table 'IncomingMessages'.

Msg 22105, Level 16, State 1, Procedure GetDeltaMessagesErrOnly, Line 16

Change tracking is not enabled on table 'IncomingMessages'.

Msg 15151, Level 16, State 1, Line 4

Cannot find the object 'GetDeltaMessages', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

Msg 15151, Level 16, State 1, Line 5

Cannot find the object 'GetDeltaMessagesErrOnly', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

Verified Answer
Eyvindur Tryggvason responded on 11 Dec 2013 3:27 PM

Hi

Sorry - forgot to mention that you have to replace the %StoreConnectDatabase% with a name of your choice.

For example - if you would name your database MyTest_MSG - then the first lines would look something like:

-- Store Connect message database creation script

IF NOT EXISTS(SELECT name FROM sys.databases WHERE name = 'MyTest_MSG')

CREATE DATABASE MyTest_MSG

COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AI

GO

USE MyTest_MSG

GO

SET ANSI_NULLS ON

GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON

GO

-- change tracking on database

IF NOT EXISTS (

SELECT *

FROM sys.databases db INNER JOIN sys.change_tracking_databases ctdb ON db.database_id = ctdb.database_id

AND db.name = 'MyTest_MSG')

BEGIN

ALTER DATABASE MyTest_MSG

SET CHANGE_TRACKING = ON

(CHANGE_RETENTION = 2 DAYS, AUTO_CLEANUP = ON);

END

GO

QamarKhan responded on 11 Dec 2013 6:49 PM

Really appreciate your adviced, after certain modifications in the command's formatting

and enabliing database tracking

Query was successful and service worked

All thanks to you. :) :)

Verified Answer
Eyvindur Tryggvason responded on 11 Dec 2013 1:26 PM

Verified Answer
Eyvindur Tryggvason responded on 11 Dec 2013 3:27 PM

Hi

Sorry - forgot to mention that you have to replace the %StoreConnectDatabase% with a name of your choice.

For example - if you would name your database MyTest_MSG - then the first lines would look something like:

-- Store Connect message database creation script

IF NOT EXISTS(SELECT name FROM sys.databases WHERE name = 'MyTest_MSG')

CREATE DATABASE MyTest_MSG

COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AI

GO

USE MyTest_MSG

GO

SET ANSI_NULLS ON

GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON

GO

-- change tracking on database

IF NOT EXISTS (

SELECT *

FROM sys.databases db INNER JOIN sys.change_tracking_databases ctdb ON db.database_id = ctdb.database_id

AND db.name = 'MyTest_MSG')

BEGIN

ALTER DATABASE MyTest_MSG

SET CHANGE_TRACKING = ON

(CHANGE_RETENTION = 2 DAYS, AUTO_CLEANUP = ON);

END

GO