Question Status

Suggested Answer
Alok Shrestha asked a question on 23 Jan 2014 9:56 AM

I am trying to copy on-hand inventory from one company to another in same ax environment. How can I achieve this? Probably without using Data import export framework. Any suggestions?

Suggested Answer
Nitesh Ranjan responded on 23 Jan 2014 3:53 PM

To move on-hand inventory from one company to another without using Data import export,

one of the solution would be creating Inventory movement journal for the items for which you have on-hand inventory.

This is very common way, we use while implementing new company and we have to restore inventory opening balance.

Please verify.

Please update with your feedback.

If this post helps you, Please verify this answer and earn Thank you Badge for yourself (Follow this link for more details https://community.dynamics.com/braggerbadges/badge/48.aspx)

Regards, NITESH RANAJN (PMP) | Dynamics AX Consultant

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 23 Jan 2014 10:07 AM

Hi,

If you don't want to use DIXF, it will be manual, another interfacing tool or a customization.

Is it just one time or do you need to do this periodically?

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Alok Shrestha responded on 23 Jan 2014 10:24 AM

It's the one time. Just need to move inventory from one company to another within same environment.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 23 Jan 2014 1:04 PM

If you have knowledge of the x++ language you can create a script reading the the current inventory and create with help of the changecompany command a journal in the other company.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
Nitesh Ranjan responded on 23 Jan 2014 3:53 PM

To move on-hand inventory from one company to another without using Data import export,

one of the solution would be creating Inventory movement journal for the items for which you have on-hand inventory.

This is very common way, we use while implementing new company and we have to restore inventory opening balance.

Please verify.

Please update with your feedback.

If this post helps you, Please verify this answer and earn Thank you Badge for yourself (Follow this link for more details https://community.dynamics.com/braggerbadges/badge/48.aspx)

Regards, NITESH RANAJN (PMP) | Dynamics AX Consultant

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 24 Jan 2014 1:53 AM

Hi Nitesh,

This person was telling he did not prefer using DIXF. I would do it with Data import export framework as well.

kind regards,